pooldv texas pool thread

Re: pooldv pool thread

Well, heck! Somebody killed Gilligan or he quit because there are too many leaves and the water is cold. He's been going daily all week with a basket full of leaves every day. Today he turns on moves a couple of feet, backs up and turns off. Restarted it a couple of times and took it apart to clean the impeller, which was clean. And same thing! Off to Maytronics to download the manual.

Noooooooooo! The self-proposed Doheny Dolphin shill is being put to the test! Great to have a heavy user put it to the test for me. Looking at a Gilligan in the spring.

Ok, spent some time troubleshooting and taking it apart. The issue is that the water pump motor quit spinning. There is no debris anywhere in the housing or impellar. It is well designed and easy to take apart to clean, repair or replace parts. So, now I get to see how well the warranty process works.

There is a sticker on the unit that says to contact Maytronics for any warranty issues. There is a Maytronics authorized dealer and repair store pretty close by. I hope that it is as easy as stopping by there and they put a new motor or controller board in my bot and I stick it back in my pool.

There are three authorized Maytronics dealers/repair centers near me. The first one took the week off. The second one said they only fix robots that they sell. The third one said we'd be glad to fix your robot for you under warranty. So, guess where Gilligan is hanging out now! Door number 3! :)

Something else to be thankful for this week!

Ooof. That's what's holding me back on the robot a bit. There is only one Maytronics dealer near me. I'd have to buy through them if I want repair service as they only service robots they sell. If they go out of business, repairs would have to require shipping.

Agreed. That is a potential game changer. I sent an inquiry to global HQ and US HQ asking about their policy on dealers opting out of performing warranty repair on units not purchased by the dealer. What if you buy a robot in Dallas and move to Tucson?

Ha! Nope
AZ is low on my list of places to move
Green egg? Nope
Aquabright pool? Nope
Desert? Nope
Green egg? Double nope

If I move it will be somewhere tropical, like the Keys. Primo Paradise!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Swim Clear Pool Supply in Mckinney just called to say that the water pump motor failed and they replaced it under warranty. No charge and Gilligan is ready to go.

Nice! :thumleft:

Ok, Gilligan is back and in action. He is sorry he took vacation with no back up. First run filled the basket to the top and he tipped over. Sorta like me on Thursday! :-D He is about 80% there and just started run #2.

Ok, after a week of running doubletime everything is good. I've had to run it twice a day most days to keep up with the leaves. It is nice to go outside and push a button rather than go outside and scoop leaves. Thanks, little buddy!

I do still have to untangle the cord every 2-4 runs because it gets fairly twisted up. Must be my pool. Still, it's a lot easier than managing a pressure cleaner hose in cold water.

Poor Gilligan is working OT to keep up with all the leaves. We're almost there, just a few trees left with leaves.

Basket was full to the top
IMG_20161211_163856.jpg

IMG_20161211_163903.jpg

It made this pile dumped out
IMG_20161211_164000.jpg

Then we made these piles dumping out skimmers and netting out the rest.

IMG_20161211_164217.jpg

IMG_20161211_164202.jpg

IMG_20161211_164150.jpg

IMG_20161211_164143.jpg

All that was from one windy day! :shock: Just in case you think that isn't a big leaf pile some of these bigger leaves are 8ish inches.

I don't know how they do it but the skimmers will fill up with leaves above the waterline all the way up to the skimmer lid. Magic! :crazy:

Here are some screen porch/hot tub pics. We have pvc sheets hanging on the outside of the porch to block the wind since the porch faces NNE and that wind is cold!

IMG_20170106_145547.jpg
IMG_20170106_145631.jpg
IMG_20170106_145705.jpg
IMG_20170106_145722.jpg

And here is where we find out who my real friends are! Quick somebody mail me a snow blower! We got s*** today! Oh good, the TFP word filter caught that! Glad you can't say snow around here! :) Whattaya reckon? Is that 2 or 3 feet of snow there or what? It was 17 at 4pm today! I gotta move.

IMG_20170106_155532.jpg
IMG_20170106_145349.jpg
IMG_20170106_145409.jpg

Not good to be a donkey today!
IMG_20170106_133208.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.