pooldv texas pool thread

Well folks Gilligan bit the dust about a month ago. Same problem as last time in Nov 2016, dead pump motor. Only this time it wasn't under warranty and would cost at least 500 bucks to fix. So, i called Margaret at Marina Pools and got a new Maytronics S200 last week.

History of Gilligan the first. He was a Doheny's Discovery, same as Dolphin Active20 and Maytronics S200.
Purchased September 2016
Broke November 2016, motor was replaced free under warranty
Broke February 2019, motor would be $500+ to replace out of warranty

Gilligan the second has been deployed for about a week and we love him as much as the original. It was amazing how much fine debris, sand, dirt he picked up in the first few runs after not having a cleaner for a month or more.

In other news we sold the pooldv Texas pool. Last summer we bought a new pool in Florida and we've been working like crazy to get everything done to shut down the donkey ranch and get everything ready for a permanent move south and east. Weve been back and forth all winter. We sold the pasture in February and the house in March. The pool will be well used by the kids in the new family. They've got a brand new S200 robot and I just ordered them a brand new TF-100 and some Ahhhsome to get them off on the right foot with the pool and hot tub. The plan is to move in early June.

This will close out our Texas pool thread. We have purchased a new pool in Florida. The Florida pool thread is here
pooldv florida pool thread

Here is the pool sig for the Texas pool:
20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Maytronics S200 robot, hot tub on bleach

Wow, big changes for you! I trust congratulations are in order, and wish you all the best in the transition. When you get settled, you can do your part to spread the word on proper meat cooking over there!

Wow, big changes for you! I trust congratulations are in order, and wish you all the best in the transition. When you get settled, you can do your part to spread the word on proper meat cooking over there!

Thanks. Yes, it is all good. Very good. My brother is already there and I've been training him to be the adjunct professor of meat cookology. He's pretty good and we'll up his game when we're there fulltime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.