Pool start up wetedge signature matrix ( day three) cloudy, bubbles on surface

The normal CSI guidelines is not applicable to new plaster finishes under 30 days old. It is actually necessary, to achieve a smooth and dense surface, to have about a +0.5 CSI during the first 30 days. This is because the plaster (cement paste) surface contains about 20% calcium hydroxide, which is somewhat soluble in balanced and slightly positive CSI water and can be dissolved away. The plaster surface needs to be "carbonated" before the CSI should be lowered to the acceptable and balanced range. And that generally is achieved during the first month under balanced water.

The normal CSI guidelines is not applicable to new plaster finishes under 30 days old. It is actually necessary, to achieve a smooth and dense surface, to have about a +0.5 CSI during the first 30 days. This is because the plaster (cement paste) surface contains about 20% calcium hydroxide, which is somewhat soluble in balanced and slightly positive CSI water and can be dissolved away. The plaster surface needs to be "carbonated" before the CSI should be lowered to the acceptable and balanced range. And that generally is achieved during the first month under balanced water.
That’s Wetedge startup guide, although appears they only have one that covers their plaster/pebble finishes. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_9445.jpeg
    IMG_9445.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 2
First of all Wetedge is talking LSI and we use CSI. They are calculated a bit differently. Mixing then causes confusion.

CSI of 0.31 is fine. I would not micromanage your pH and lower it. Keep your CSI in the +0.3 to +0.5 range.

First of all Wetedge is talking LSI and we use CSI. They are calculated a bit differently. Mixing then causes confusion.

CSI of 0.31 is fine. I would not micromanage your pH and lower it. Keep your CSI in the +0.3 to +0.5 range.

They came out the same that’s why I referenced TFP.

For chlorine is it a problem to add more than the range since my CYA is low and I can’t manage it until later?

Attachments

• IMG_9447.png
    IMG_9447.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 2
For chlorine is it a problem to add more than the range since my CYA is low and I can’t manage it until later?

How much FC do you have and how much do you want to add?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would keep your FC below 4.
This darn ch test keeps throwing me off, I tested today again and maybe it’s around 250-275, I really don’t know. Should I add CH?

There’s not much I can adjust with a low CH.

TDS on Orenda actually plays a part, I don’t have an actual tester to ensure accuracy. I was playing with the tds and if it’s high it will throw the totals negative.

Attachments

• IMG_9451.jpeg
    IMG_9451.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9453.jpeg
    IMG_9453.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Relax. Your startup water is fine.

There are too many variables to hit a perfect number. Stop micromanaging it.

Keep your FC around 3 and your pH in the high 7's for the first 30 days and your pool will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.