Pool + Spa in MA

Day 21 - Grading not complete and nobody was here today. Here's how it currently looks:
1996601e2ed479561e28461cf8ea591f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have to make a tile decision ASAP. I think due to budget constraints we are going to stick to Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen (PB said that Black Onyx would be an additional $1500). I've narrowed it down to one of these:
66574f1f99552b93c74491cdb53f7c18.jpg

Thanks for the feedback FloridaGal and kimkats. They put up a couple of samples today and I definitely agree that the beige is not the way to go. Now we have to decide if we want classy or flashy :)
90028207cfe7041900b305a29f7986ea.jpg

Are you REALLY asking GIRLS if they want BLING or plain? (My words for flashy and classy LOL) BLING all of the way!

You next thing to pick for the BLING tile will be the color of the mastic under the tile. White or gray. The different colors will change how the tile looks in the end.

THEN you have to pick the grout color LOL

Kim:cat:

Are you REALLY asking GIRLS if they want BLING or plain? (My words for flashy and classy LOL) BLING all of the way!

You next thing to pick for the BLING tile will be the color of the mastic under the tile. White or gray. The different colors will change how the tile looks in the end.

THEN you have to pick the grout color LOL

Kim:cat:

Kim is exactly right! When we were deciding on tile, the mastic/thinset (adhesive behind the tile) made a drastic difference, especially as we're going with Glass. We ended up choosing a white mastic with Laticrete #53 Twilight Blue as the grout.

See color chart:

You do realize that you showed extra pictures of the BLING tile because deep down that's what you really want! :wink:

I'm with Kim - I love the wow factor of the flashy tile! I wish we were doing a raised spa so I could do something like that but we'll be doing integrated so you'll really only see the top of the spa walls in the pool.

Ha ha! Thanks everyone! Yes, I do secretly want the BLING tile. In fact, in our last meeting with our PB I said, I can't believe the amount of money I am spending and there is no bling to show for it! LOL

They used white mastic and I like how the tiles currently look, so I am just going to go with that. I think a dark gray grout would be nice.

We are planning on using stone veneer on all four sides of the spa, so I don't know why they put the tiles there - except to annoy me, or perhaps to make me get in extra fitbit steps by having to walk all the way around the pool to get a look at the tile :)

I emailed the PB this morning and said the glass tiles were a go, along with Ocean Blue PebbleSheen. A little nervous about the combo, but I felt like all of the Black Onyx pools I have seen do not have darker water than Ocean Blue, they just skew a little more green. Fingers crossed...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for the kind words.

We had a week of no momentum and backwards progress, I was so frustrated I couldn't stand to even think about pools or swimming. But after a couple of stern emails, we seem to be back on track.

The tile is almost finished, and we have so much leftover we are going to do bench and stair markers.

They put in the conduit for the electrical for our patio outlet, ignition for fire pit, and pool equipment. Gas line was run to fire pit and pool equipment.

Patio is full graded.

They started the stone fascia on the spa, and the fire pit form has been installed.

Here are some updated pics:
b137f317a0caca308d8f195b6b7dff4a.jpg
28548f9d7c9d09fae60f8e46a6f7857c.jpg
5dd20f21334ccea70cb362395bed3032.jpg
245430600dec6e575ce8c8a2285f41ae.jpg

Is your decking started now? Following over here from the thread on the rock salt decking. You said in that thread that you all did decide to go with the rock salt that is stamped? I am curious if you have pics yet. That is how they are doing ours today too. There was so much conflicting opinions out there on it, it would do me good to hear from someone who has had it done and loves it lol!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.