pool school for hot tub/spa

hurt5150

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2013
Missouri
Hello, I used to have a pool, loved TFP and learned so many things. We are now getting a hot tub and I am trying to find my way to pool school on this site for hot tubs and not sure what I am doing wrong but can't seem to get there. It looks like there is a section on pool and hot tub maintenance, a basic guide. Can someone please help?

Close the browser page to clear the cache. Some folks have issues like you are seeing with some browsers.

There is no specific pool school for spas. In general, spas are small pools but with more complex water chemistry issues due to their small size.

The following article will give you the barebones basics on maintaining your spa,

While this article dives into some deeper things, but is still a simple read 👍👍

So far so good, my TH was 270 which I was quite impressed with. It is a lot faster to get this down with a spa because of all the jets. My CH is 250 which I was a little scared of but as best as I can tell, I don't need to worry about that???? (too many threads leads to analysis paralysis). If I need to do something with that, please let me know, we do have softened water in our home so I could drain some and add some softened water to lower it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Working on getting my TA down to 50 and pretty close. Question is about Boric Acid and pool math: As I read it, for my 400 gal spa, adding 16 oz of boric acid with put me at 52. Is that 52 ppm? And that is my goal, correct? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.