tkbutler4

Jun 24, 2022
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool pump was a cheap Home Depot pump that came with the house when we bought it last year. It finally gave up the ghost two days ago. So we at a minimum need that as soon as possible. Pinch a Penny is running a 15% discount locally this week on Pool Pumps, Salt Systems, and Automation. Also FYI - I have a full roof of solar panels that I use for my home, plus a pool heater that I never use.

Here are a few other things I would like to do at the same time if it makes sense.

I want to switch from chlorine to salt system. I also think I want automation on both the pump and the salt system, so I can control it from my cell when travelling.

They've given me a quotes on the following:

New Pump + ($200 install) + PVC 3 way valve 2" no lube $96.99 + PVC 2 way valve no lube 2" $159.98 + installation of valves ($125.00)
  • Superflo VST Pump 115/230V - $1,147.50
  • Intelliflo 3 VSF Pump - $1980
Salt system:
  • Pentair Intellicenter Sys I5PS w. IC40 - $4,376.65 + $1100 (install)
Filter:
  • Swimclear 200sqft Cart Filter - $950.00 + $200 install

Let me know your thoughts because I'm about to blow $10k on this project!

Thanks!

Your signature does not show a SPA. The Intellicenter you quote is for a Pool/Spa.

Small filter. Normal for Florida. Upsize to 400 SF if you want to only clean it once a year.

Get the Intelliflo3, especially if you have a spa.

Your signature does not show a SPA. The Intellicenter you quote is for a Pool/Spa.

Small filter. Normal for Florida. Upsize to 400 SF if you want to only clean it once a year.

Get the Intelliflo3, especially if you have a spa.
Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have a SPA, only a pool. Are you saying the guy that came out and saw the pool quoted me incorrectly? Aw man!

I thought considering they were charging me double what you are quoting, it must be for a pool and include the load center? Since I have no experience whatsoever in installing any of this, I'd need the installs to ensure it gets done right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.