Pool plumbing issues from new built pool

How long can my pump be run at 90% speed?

Forever.
I’ve read somewhere before that you don’t want your pump running full capacity for a long time. But not sure there is anything to that.
Single speed pumps run at 100% their entire life.

A VS pump is not that different.

I’ve been thinking about the spa and if it can heat up or not. Basically as long as more water is going in than going over the spillway the spa can heat. It would take awhile. Any thoughts?
It is very inefficient.

You are heating up the pool and spa all the time. Why bother having a spa? You can just have a heated pool with jets.

I heat my pool to 86F and spa to 100F. I would not want to heat my pool to 100.

It is very inefficient.

You are heating up the pool and spa all the time. Why bother having a spa? You can just have a heated pool with jets.

I heat my pool to 86F and spa to 100F. I would not want to heat my pool to 100.
I totally agree. Definitely inefficient. At this point the only way to fix it I think is to tear up the concrete, have the plumbing redone. I told my wife basically what we have is a kiddy pool with our adult pool lol. But if it can at least warm up, then I at least got what I was told I was getting which is a spa with 4 jets. But I still would want to push my builder to give Me a good deal on a redo later down the road.

If you want a redo then why wait?

The sooner you do it the sooner you can enjoy the full spa experience.

And how do you know the builder will be around when you are ready for the redo?

If you want a redo then why wait?

The sooner you do it the sooner you can enjoy the full spa experience.

And how do you know the builder will be around when you are ready for the redo?
Only reason I would wait is if I have to pay for the redo which I figure that’s how it will happen. But I get your point. Basically I just need to find out what it will cost me and decide then.