Pool opening problems

Re: Lines to, and from pump

Any clue what type of connection fits on this side one? It just has that one notch on the top and can't find anything here that fits

Attachments

• P1000185.JPG
    P1000185.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 65

Looks like it might be a twist lock type connection. Look on your vacume, there should be a long hose with maybe some round floats built in it. I think thats where it conects.

There are a few things to check before turning on the pump.
1- Did you connect your vacume to the jet connection thats a spare? If not , Did you plug it off?

2- Make sure the valve on top of the filter is set to " Filter" .

3- Is the water level at least half way up the skimmer opening inside the pool?

4- Check the skimmer basket and the suction basket for debris.

5- Very slowly open the red valve, this should allow trapped air and eventually water to fill the suction strainer. Do this with the strainer cover off. When the basket area is full close the red valve. Replace the cover. Remember only hand tight and tighten all knobs evenly.

6- double check everything.

7- turn the pump on. It should make a little bit of swooshing noise and then settle down . this can take up to 2 min. Be looking for leaks and check the suction strainer lid for bubbles. When the pump is running correctly there should be no bubbles.

8- If you have bubbles after 2 min. tighten the hose clamp on the bottom of the skimmer where you connected the hose. also notice if the hose is being sucked flat.

9- the other spot for air leaks to check is the strainer basket lid. It is sealed with an o-ring make sure it is positioned correctly and is not cut or nicked.

10 let circulate for 30 min and test water with full battery of tests. If this is new water there will be no need to do the CYA test. Post numbers.

ok sounds good...so for that side connection...i would need a fitting (that you think is twist to lock fitting) that would accept a hose and be able to cap it off when not using?

Yes exactly. Mine is set up with a male npt on my vacume and when not in use I install a plug simular to the ones your pipes were pluged with. You might even use one of those if correct size. Be sure to chech what you have on the vacume hose first.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

pool is 24' and 4ft deep...i haven't hooked everything up but did a water test

total hardness was 0
free chlorine was 0
PH was really high almost off the chart
total alkalinity was 180
cyanuric acid was 150

Did you get the pool up and running? If so post your numbers in a new thread under water balance or something . I will be traveling for next couple days and wont be able to help much. I can say this though if your CYA is truely 150 you need to dump 75 percent of your water ond fill again. Do this with the blue hose on the filter. Run it to a sewer or wherever it will drain away.Set the valve on the filter to waste and start the pump. it will pump down the pool.If your water is new ( you just filled the pool up ) then your cya could not be 150. Start a new thread for help on the water balance part. I am sorry I wont be around much.

Your return fitting with the two holes is an Aqualuminator light fitting. You should have a bulb for it that goes from inside the pool to the outside. It will fill up the horizontal hole you are seeing. I have the same identical one on my pool. The return hose then gets connected to the lower vertical/slanted hose connection. Google it or look on ebay for Aqualuminator. It will show a picture of it.

coloeb said:
Did you get the pool up and running? If so post your numbers in a new thread under water balance or something . I will be traveling for next couple days and wont be able to help much. I can say this though if your CYA is truely 150 you need to dump 75 percent of your water ond fill again. Do this with the blue hose on the filter. Run it to a sewer or wherever it will drain away.Set the valve on the filter to waste and start the pump. it will pump down the pool.If your water is new ( you just filled the pool up ) then your cya could not be 150. Start a new thread for help on the water balance part. I am sorry I wont be around much.
The pool water was nice and clean and as i was pumping the water off the cover and some went into the pool and turned it nasty green

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.