Pool Leaks, Concerned About Liner & Cover

My pool is closed for the winter. It has a leak, losing about a half inch of water per day; I do not know the source of the leak (spring project).

I am worried that the pool vinyl liner will tear out if the water level drops too far, leaving little water in the shallow end of the pool.
The pool safety mesh cover could also tear from the snow load if the water is too low (it is old anyway & will be replacing it next year).

I add water (not expensive here) to keep the level high enough to hold the liner in place.

When the water freezes, it may not be possible to add water through the frozen pool surface.

Two questions:

Any suggestions on adding water to a frozen pool?
How likely is it that the liner will tear out if I just let the water drop?

No pool with a leak should be closed until it’s determined where the leak is. If it’s around a skimmer or return it can ce closed and repaired in the spring. Lose all your water and it’s possible it can collapse inward or even be pushed up out of the ground.

Safety covers rarely tear, the springs will bend out of shape if huge snow load is applied.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.