Pool Cover Questions

Mar 4, 2016
Rome, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 16 x 40 inground pool, without a step niche. My cover is a solid safety cover and I have a pump for the cover. The cover needs to be replaced, due to wear and literal tears. It has 24 loops hooks, and the anchors are already in my deck. My guess is the cover is at least 15 years old. Questions. What is advantage of solid safety cover over mesh safety cover? Loop lock looks like it has the same amount of anchors as my cover. Is this the best option?

Can't compare the differences as I've never had a solid cover. My mesh safety cover has lasted 25 years and looks like it will last another 5-10 years. However, it lets the dirt and grunge through, resulting in a rather filthy pool come springtime opening. It takes me anywhere from 2-5 days to get it sparkling clean every spring.

Reactions: schooled by pool
The Seller or Manufacturer will be able to tell you the spacing of the straps. Stay with Solid for sure and you won't have the issues of opening to a dirty pool.
The manufacturer sells through the local pool store. It was a pricier proposition than buying direct. BUT, the pool store picked up my cover, sent it to the manufacturer, who then matched the strap/loop pattern of my old cover. Opened my pool this week to a clear pool and it was balanced in a day. Good outcome. Thank you for your input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.