Pool Cost Houston/Kingwood

for a pool my size the PB that I might select says that there is no reason to put two skimmers that one will be good. Every other PB says I need two skimmers, who should I believe? I am leaning against not doing the wet edge tier 1 but they will do the Altima Blue by wet edge at no cost (well at least that is their sales pitch). I didn't think pool shopping would be this difficult. there are two PBs that have given me itemized costs of the things that would go on my build. Other don't want to do this so of course this makes comparing apples to apples a little difficult.

Have you decided to go with PB #3 who uses WetEdge? If so, then you can wait to see the pools to decide on the color. (I would think you could see the pools after a few days or at least next weekend.)

But if part of selecting a PB hinges on choosing between PebbleTec and WetEdge, then let the PB know you WILL need to see pools before you sign a contract.

The PB's I interviewed were all a little funny about showing me pools. I wish I had pushed more about that. They all used PebbleTec, so I thought I was limited. My PB finally admitted he would use WetEdge if I insisted, but he didn't have any of those pools to show me. I guess I could have tried to go through WetEdge to see pools. They seem to have a wider variety of finishes and colors. By that time, I was tired from the pool build.

For me, seeing the pools of the 2 colors in the running didn't really help me. It ended up a coin toss. But it is worth seeing different pools in case it makes your decision clear.

Remember, you're paying the PB. Get what you want.
Suz

Thanks for the heads up on the Nature II fusion. The sales guy told me it was better than the rainbow 320 chlorinator. He said there would be less chlorine in the pool, so I thought that would be good. Is the rainbow 320 a bette option? I think the sales guy mentioned i could just use the nature 2 for the chlorine feeder.

I would skip the chlorinator all together. You should use either liquid chlorine or a swg as your main chlorine source. If you use chlorine tablets exclusively you will over stabilize your pool over time. For those times when chlorine tablets are appropriate, you can use a chlorine floater in the pool.

I would skip the chlorinator all together. You should use either liquid chlorine or a swg as your main chlorine source. If you use chlorine tablets exclusively you will over stabilize your pool over time. For those times when chlorine tablets are appropriate, you can use a chlorine floater in the pool.

I agree completely. Not because I have the expertise of zea3, but after 9 months of my new pool, I can see the rainbow chlorinator was a waste of money. The only one who used it was my PB's pool guy for the first 4 weeks before the salt cell could be turned on. I didn't touch the chlorinator, and I still had to supplement with liquid bleach. I would have had a green pool if I hadn't been following Pool School and using Pool Math. I love my SWG system, but if I couldn't have it, I'd go with bleach only for chlorination using the TFP way.

Suz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.