Pool Cost Houston/Kingwood

I still don't have that design that would make me say ok lets sign a contract. They are currently all within the same price. PB #3 I think we might need to work on the site opposite of the spa. I know i can't do much due to the size, but I feel something is missing on all.

I love #2. I love the square raised spa. But I wonder if you can make the pool a little longer if you put spa at the other end? Will the spa be closer to the door at one end or other, or about the same? I'm not sure if you have kids or who will be using the pool, but how important is a tanning ledge to you? I considered eliminating a tanning ledge for more room in pool. But i have teenage boys who need space for basketball, volleyball and shenanigans. I'm pretty sure they will spend zero time on the tanning ledge :)

Either way I really REALLY love number 2. That is actually the exact design I wanted, but my yard is at an angle so I went free form to be able to have a pool wide enough for the teens mentioned above.

What are your plans for using the pool? That might help us with suggestions. Without that information, I really, really like the top design, PB 3. To me, it's more graceful and inviting. It seems to give you the most swim water area, or it might just seem that way since it's an aerial view.

Don't sign until you're excited about the plan. Have you checked out Pinterest for ideas? It has tons and tons of ideas. It was very helpful for all of my pool design choices. And if you don't need/want a sun shelf, don't get one.

Suz

Hi Suz,

Well the pool will be just to have a little fun no special needs for it. There will be three children using the pool (2, 8, 12 year olds). PB #3 doesn't have a tanning shelf the more as PB#2 and PB #1 )PB #2 its a small tanning shelf next to on the entry. I Like PB #2 and PB #3. PB #3 seems it is more simplistic but in a nice way I think maybe if i add a few column it will make it stand out a little more.

I like #3 too! I thought #3 was #1 so I was worried about the size/length being too small from earlier description. I like the grecian ends. Also it was hard to tell from pic if the wall was raised with any kind of columns or sheer descents like #2. Either will be beautiful!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tell the builders you do not want the Nature II Fusion. It will add metals to your pool that can build up and be problematic over time. Personally I would skip the auto fill feature. They use the same technology as your toilet does (float valve) and are not that big a convenience. If you do go with an auto fill make sure they include a separate shut off valve in case it malfunctions. Ask for a waste line to be plumbed in before the cartridge filter. That way if you ever need to drain the pool or vacuum to waste you will have that option. Also ask for unions between each piece of equipment. It makes life much easier if you need to swap out or repair equipment in the future.

I like the look of the pool in the middle, but the one on the top looks like it will give you more swimable area. Think of how you plan to use the pool and the features you really like on pools you have visited. A tanning shelf with out chairs on it gives a wide area for younger kids to play in shallow water. How deep will your pool be? How long do you plan to stay in this house?

I like the simplicity of the top design. Nice and clean lines, easier to care for with fewer nooks/crannies, just has kind of a classic look. Agree about seeing if you can work the two corners next to the spa into benches to sit on.

If you're hung up on a square spa, can they take the top one and push it to the top right corner of the pool? Could then sort of work your tanning ledge in on the remaining 1/3rd below the spa? Would then probably square off the entry way on the other side, as you're no longer carrying the round edge from the spa to the entry, so you'd want them both squared off.

Just my two cents, but I like the more simple, open feel of the first one, while not being as plain as the bottom choice.

wrench in the works here but you did ask for opinions....

would you consider a spa midway along the side of the pool vs the end? that way you can use that extra space in the middle of the back of the house, something like this...

geometric-pool.jpg

or this

29514e5e0d408e8a_7316-w500-h400-b0-p0--traditional-pool.jpg

Hi Ibreslin,

I actually like the design of the first pic you posted. However, doing a design like that would seem to cut swimming area. My with is already at a 11 ft putting the spa in the middle would cut the with maybe 3ft. Also I would like to keep the middle clear since that is were my cover patio is. The second pic would not me an option no space to put the space in that location in either side. I wish I could do something like the first picture, but due to the max with I can out i would not be able to push the spa far out of the cover patio enough.

Hi Ibreslin,

I actually like the design of the first pic you posted. However, doing a design like that would seem to cut swimming area. My with is already at a 11 ft putting the spa in the middle would cut the with maybe 3ft. Also I would like to keep the middle clear since that is were my cover patio is. The second pic would not me an option no space to put the space in that location in either side. I wish I could do something like the first picture, but due to the max with I can out i would not be able to push the spa far out of the cover patio enough.

We had a similar yard space issue with our last house and squeezed in a 10ft wide x 32ft long pool with a 7x7 spa at the end. very similar to your PB1 design (without the tanning ledge and we had deep end near the spa) . i'll see if i can dig out some pics

here...

2mpev60.jpg

Tell the builders you do not want the Nature II Fusion. It will add metals to your pool that can build up and be problematic over time. Personally I would skip the auto fill feature. They use the same technology as your toilet does (float valve) and are not that big a convenience. If you do go with an auto fill make sure they include a separate shut off valve in case it malfunctions. Ask for a waste line to be plumbed in before the cartridge filter. That way if you ever need to drain the pool or vacuum to waste you will have that option. Also ask for unions between each piece of equipment. It makes life much easier if you need to swap out or repair equipment in the future.

I like the look of the pool in the middle, but the one on the top looks like it will give you more swimable area. Think of how you plan to use the pool and the features you really like on pools you have visited. A tanning shelf with out chairs on it gives a wide area for younger kids to play in shallow water. How deep will your pool be? How long do you plan to stay in this house?

Thanks for the heads up on the Nature II fusion. The sales guy told me it was better than the rainbow 320 chlorinator. He said there would be less chlorine in the pool, so I thought that would be good. Is the rainbow 320 a bette option? I think the sales guy mentioned i could just use the nature 2 for the chlorine feeder.

Is the cost of wet edge tier 1 really worth it? It's 3k+ . Anyone with a blue quartz finish from wet edge that would recommend it ? Of course they try to get you to go with the wet edge satin matrix by selling you it has a 15 year warranty

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.