Pool Cleaner Recommendations

No app for the S200/Active 20. All on the power supply box.

Thanks, Marty, I like that. The app is atrocious. On the Google play store, almost every single review gives the app 1 star, followed by a boilerplate reply from Maytronics to email their app people. I believe those type of reviews have been going on a year or two. When I had the demo, the app crashed 3 times, it's difficult to read it in the sun and the manual mode made me almost throw my phone in the pool.

I spoke to Seth at Marina's yesterday. He mentioned the M400 although that has the app, but he said the Active 20 is just like the Active 30i I demoed, but doesn't have the app (yay!). I was leaning towards the Dolphin Premier but they don't have that one or access to getting it. He also mentioned the Nautilis CC Plus and the Warrior SE. The S200 is also a consideration.

They are very nice and helpful and good prices. our concern is warranty work. From what I've been reading, they typically last about 3 years so that would cover the warranty plus the extended warranty through my credit card. However, I need to find a place to warranty it without having to ship it.

Another option we've been mulling over is the Polaris 9550 Sport. Our local Leslie's does warranty work and is allowing us to use our 20% off coupon. So if we got it from them, they're only 3 miles away, easy to drop off if it needed work. It has a cady, power supply where you set up your options, and a small remote to move it around manually if you wanted to (don't care that much about the remote, but if it's there, it might be nice. Our old Dolphin Dynamic had everything built into the remote to set the time, floor only, walls only, or both, and a joystick to move it around manually.

Can you tell I'm ready to be committed yet? LOL

Reactions: markayash
By purchasing through Marina via phone order it is the same as buying from any authorized Maytronics dealer. All authorized repair service centers will then be obligated to provide warranty service.

Reactions: mickey4paws
Thanks, Marty, I like that. The app is atrocious. On the Google play store, almost every single review gives the app 1 star, followed by a boilerplate reply from Maytronics to email their app people. I believe those type of reviews have been going on a year or two. When I had the demo, the app crashed 3 times, it's difficult to read it in the sun and the manual mode made me almost throw my phone in the pool.

I spoke to Seth at Marina's yesterday. He mentioned the M400 although that has the app, but he said the Active 20 is just like the Active 30i I demoed, but doesn't have the app (yay!). I was leaning towards the Dolphin Premier but they don't have that one or access to getting it. He also mentioned the Nautilis CC Plus and the Warrior SE. The S200 is also a consideration.

They are very nice and helpful and good prices. our concern is warranty work. From what I've been reading, they typically last about 3 years so that would cover the warranty plus the extended warranty through my credit card. However, I need to find a place to warranty it without having to ship it.

Another option we've been mulling over is the Polaris 9550 Sport. Our local Leslie's does warranty work and is allowing us to use our 20% off coupon. So if we got it from them, they're only 3 miles away, easy to drop off if it needed work. It has a cady, power supply where you set up your options, and a small remote to move it around manually if you wanted to (don't care that much about the remote, but if it's there, it might be nice. Our old Dolphin Dynamic had everything built into the remote to set the time, floor only, walls only, or both, and a joystick to move it around manually.

Can you tell I'm ready to be committed yet? LOL

The s200 will run in automation mode so you can set start stop times which is all I need.

Thanks, Mark. Not that it would make much difference, but wondering does it have the option to just clean floors, or floors and walls? I really just need good cleaning and not be dependent on an app to clean my pool.
No it's all or none :) I use automation mode and a smart and run mine for an hour at 1am then again at 6am so it's clean in the morning.
I love it, just run it at night because my little dog goes nuts when it comes up to clean the tiles :)

I finally ordered the s300 but boy I must say, Marina pool and spa are a different type of retailer than I have dealt with in a long time. Hard to get in touch with anyone and I ordered 4 days ago and nobody can tell me why it hasn't shipped yet... but the girl on the phone taking the order said it would ship Tuesday. Oh well.. they have great prices, so I guess its worth it.

Thanks for everyones help on this.

Our pool has a 'walking ledge' or safety ledge' all the way around except for the very end, the shallow end. Will these robots with waterline cleaning capability get over the ledge and up to the waterline? If not, will it get up to the waterline at the shallow end where there isn't a ledge and walk itself all the way around?

I have a safety ledge under my hot tub and mine climbs over it to the tile. It won’t get on the ledge and follow it but it picks up a lot of stuff climbing.
My ledge use to collect dirt but ever since I got the robot it stays clean.
Also it doesn’t always climb the stairs but moves a LOT of water so when it’s doing it’s wheelies to climb it’s sucking dirt off the stairs

I ordered the Pentair Warrior SE from Marina today. Called and left a message. Seth returned my call about 3 hours later. He confirmed that the Warrior SE is $699 with free shipping and no tax outside of CO, and that it's essentially the same as the two similar models priced at $719. I asked about the Warrior SI. He said it uses BlueTooth and an app for remote control. The BlueTooth range is only about 2 meters so you pretty much have to stand over the robot. Didn't seem worth the extra $50 for me. I also asked about the filter options. Seth said that the standard filter set is better for situations where there are a lot of leaves in fall but less debris the rest of the year. Those are the conditions here so I got the standard filters.

I got an email confirming the order almost immediately, but must have missed the shipping cutoff today. With luck it will ship Monday and be here around Thursday. FWIW, so far I'd rate Marina's customer service pretty good, especially given that 1) the voice mail recording suggested that callbacks would be the next day and 2) compared with Doheny's, where I ordered a solar cover that was supposed to ship May 14. Not shipped yet, no updated order status on website, and they don't answer the phone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea but shuts off after 2 hours. Conflicting results if you can start it right back up or if it makes you wait. I have a vesync app and run mine for 45 mines at 1am and for 90 minutes at 6am. I like waking up to a clean pool and my dog thinks its an monster trying to escape the pool and barks like mad..
Here is a long thread on how to use it. Pentair will say " whats automation mode" so we are kind of on our own :)

Still no info on mine shipping so I called Marina again yesterday. They guy stated they don't know if it shipped yet because they are out of stock so they are having the distributor send it directly and they are sure if the distributor shipped it yet because they ant get in touch with them. Hmmm.... less than pleasurable experience.

Does anyone know of another retailer that sells these for a good price? I can't seem to get in touch with these people and when I do, nobody knows whats going on. I get the run around and its getting to the point of being stupid.

Any help is appreciated.

I have an M500 that died after 4 years unfortunately and repair is $600. I never really used any of the added features on it. An S200 looks to be more applicable to my needs at a more friendly price to replace every 4-5 years. I have tried to reach Marina Pool Spa by phone and I get a "Mailbox Full" recording. Emailed them and waiting to hear back. Just want to be sure someone has heard from them recently because I enjoy the convenience of a bot and would like to get one back in doing its job.

Thanks!
plat

I am all for supporting a business that offers a great price and service... but I can't recommend Marina at this point.

I am sorry you are having issues contacting Marina. They are a very small store and no doubt are over run with requests as everyone is planning to stay home this summer. @MarinaMargaret normally is very responsive. All I can suggest is to try again. Early in the day MDT.

I am all for supporting a business that offers a great price and service... but I can't recommend Marina at this point.

These guys sell a refurbed unit but actually cost more

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.