Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi -

We just got our new pool started with chemicals late last week. After adding everything we are getting close, but would love any input or advise.

PH: 8.2 - just put in some Muric Acid
Alkalinity: 135 - Muric Acid should lower
Salt: 3800
CH: 262
CYA: 11 adding some more conditioner today. I went light on the first round bc didn't want to be too high.
FC: .83 - dialed up the SWG a bit today

Phosphates - 600. **All the above was very close to the Leslie's Test, but I can't test for Phosphates. Wife got something to lower it but seems really high or maybe bc everything just got added.

Should I drain the pool and add hose water to lower the salt?

Thanks!

Hi there, are these numbers from Leslie's or your own test kit? 11 for a CYA is not possible with the TF100 or Taylor test kits.

I was using the strips and also took it over to Leslie's. The strips were very close/in line with Leslie's as my CYA was very low or 0 per the strips. Only thing that I could not verify with the strips were the phosphates.

I was using the strips and also took it over to Leslie's. The strips were very close/in line with Leslie's as my CYA was very low or 0 per the strips. Only thing that I could not verify with the strips were the phosphates.
Strips and pool store testing are not reliable or correct. Please get a real test kit so that we can help you and speak the same language. See the above post for test kits. I highly recommend and use TF Pro from tftestkits.net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.