Pool Build - Round Rock, TX - February 2016

Moving fast for sure and looks like good work also!!!

You are SO close to plaster! Do you have a test kit yet? Will your PB include on in the build? Ask him which one and let us know. Some are better than others.

Kim

Been a while since I last posted... but things are still moving along nicely. At this point all that we are waiting on is plaster and topsoil and the waiting part is due to us. Typically, they spread the top soil after cleanup using the same crew for both tasks but the builder was super flexible with us and allowed me to put the brakes on their work so that I could get my irrigation guy in to repair/rebuild our system BEFORE they put down that top soil. I agreed to an extra couple hundred dollars to cover the cost of sending the crew back out for a second day of work but that was worth not having to risk the top soil getting all jacked up during sprinkler repair or washed off via rain before I was able to lay sod. They also sent their mason back out to acid wash the stone wall since there was a fair amount of mortar water that ran down the face of the rocks while they were attaching to Lueder cap and it muted to color of the stone with a grayish film. Anyhow, that's where we're at right now and my guys expect to be finished with the sprinkler system by Monday. If the predicted rain can hold, the PB will plaster Monday afternoon and we'll have water in the pool by the middle of next week!

First up... a few shots of the Koolcote (ended up going with Houston Tan and are very happy with how it turned out)

Next up... equipment delivery...

... and installation.

And finally a few shots of the stone (post acid wash)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I actually did topsoil... then sprinklers and I'm really happy I did that way. I'm not sure how much topsoil work you need, but they used a bobcat and would have damaged new heads. I also knew the exact height to install the heads since the fresh topsoil was already down. Just food for thought.

If you need a sprinkler guy the guy who did all my repairs was awesome, fast and cheap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.