Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer

Re: Pool Build - California Dreaming

In the meantime here is one picture of the tile used for the step markers. The tile actually looks much more beautiful in person. It has a lot of color variation with light and will shimmer in water.
I have about 100-200 sq feet of this tile left over if anyone would like to PM with an offer.

The other photo is a picture of the foundation of the BBQ/grill structure. You can see the sump pump in the center. I plan to fill with 9 inches of compacted paver base plus sand and then pavers effectively raising the floor 12" above the current grade. I purchased the grill already; I drove to palm Springs and bought a brand new Napoleon Prestige II 750 from a vegetarian college student who won it on Let's Make a Deal. Scored with brand new at half price. It is a beauty with two grill heads including a 24" sear station. This grill is Natural Gas but can also take charcoal. Can't wait to fire er' up !!!

Fill day is scheduled Sunday, August 7. :party:

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    309 KB · Views: 554
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 552

Dang, such a huge project! Looking like its coming together good.

One thing I noticed when I saw all your equipment, is the SWG....I had mine put in and the instructions said to have a min 12" of straight pipe on the inlet to the SWG. Yours has a bend right at the inlet. Not sure how that will affect their function, but just wanted to point that out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Today I worked all day with the crew moving gravel and compacting the aisle of the sunken patio. I completed the step up at the far end meeting the swim up bar. It's great to see ones designs come alive. Very fulfilling even though it can be backbreaking. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I can't believe we are so close after almost more than 15 months since breaking ground!!

As to the plaster we are going to apply 130 bags of Hydrazzo in a blend of three colors - Jamaican Mist, Pacific Blue and French Grey. The test sample looks like a lighter shade of Tahoe Blue. It will look really good with the tile and stone in my opinion. Do you guys think 130 bags are enough?

Sorry I missed that - basically I could not find a good deal on an IC 60. As it stands I plumbed one IC40 (cost me $300 new) and will plumb one IC20 or another IC40 if the first IC40 does not produce sufficient Cl. Pool is a little over 40k gallons. The power supplies for both are already installed and wired. I guess I can also get one to serve as a backup.

I’ve been lingering on this awesome site for several months. I’m currently in Iraq and have been working long distance with a pool builder in Raleigh NC (Jim Hinson) to build a pool upon my return in November (Contract complete). Awesome project! :goodjob:

spillmar,

You may get away with one IC40. I have an IC40 for my 22000 gallon pool and I have it on the 10% setting full-time with the pump running full-time and I'm always high on my chlorine. It will certainly be working hard for you, but if it runs well and produces well, why buy another unless you aren't getting your target chlorine level. I've been happy with mine. It is very consistent and has worked all year flawlessly after replacing it with an earlier unit that had problems with the LED's - not functionality. From your threads, I enjoy seeing all your pictures.

spillmar said:
Sorry I missed that - basically I could not find a good deal on an IC 60. As it stands I plumbed one IC40 (cost me $300 new) and will plumb one IC20 or another IC40 if the first IC40 does not produce sufficient Cl. Pool is a little over 40k gallons. The power supplies for both are already installed and wired. I guess I can also get one to serve as a backup.

Where did you buy an IC40 for $300? If I could buy one for that price I keep it for a back-up/replacement for my 5 year old unit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.