Pool Alarm

Jan 9, 2016
Missouri City, TX
Pool Size
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Wondering if anybody has a suggestion for a good pool alarm? One of my dogs fell in the deep end today ~ fortunately he was able to get to the steps down there and get himself out. I have 3 Shar-Pei and they are definitely not known for their swimming abilities! The other 2 have also fallen in once each, but both of them were in the shallow end and literally landed on the tanning ledge. 2 of the cats have also taken a dip at one point. Thinking maybe this is a good idea.

Thanks!

I looked into these 2 years ago when we bought our house with the pool to protect our toddler. It seemed to me that all of the alarms that exist were mainly just to satisfy insurance companies and local municipalities that require such devices. In other words, none of them work very well, but you have to buy one to make your insurance company happy or pass inspections, so companies keep making them.

I ended up just putting up a pool fence from diypoolfence.com. That is perhaps an option in your case.

Yup, note of the water motion type alarms I have seen work well. We have a German Shepherd Dog (GSD) and five cats. The GSD loves the water and is known to go swimming on his own at times.

Cats, they are cats. Not really fond of the water. We have take all of them at times out on a float and forced them to swim back to the steps. They appear to all have acquired the knowledge how to either get to the steps or back up onto a pool float. Plus, making them swim has given each of them a new respect for the pool and when in the yard they give it a wide berth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.