How to winterize tanning ledge?

Kpegram1

Dec 4, 2023
TN
HEREMoved from

Hello-we are just about done with our new fiberglass pool install and we’ve run out of swim season here in PA. :(

I have 2 questions on how to correctly winterize a raised fiberglass tanning ledge (7’x11’) that spills into the pool:

1-Should it be fully drained for winter (we get snow/cold temps over winter)?
2-is a weighted down tarp suitable for a cover?

I know our 40x16 fiberglass pool needs to be full of water when winterizing but our builder said we should drain the tanning ledge completely so it doesn’t freeze (but he’s also given me some poor advice in the past in other areas).

Since it’s our 1st pool/1st closing, I did hire a diff pool company to come close it this coming week (top builder in our area) as I didn’t trust my builder would be able to do it in time. Tanning ledge is currently still having stone added to exterior but it’s currently full of water from when they tested the bubblers/plumbing + concrete dust, debris etc and I’m trying to be sure it’s relatively ready for them to close it this week.

Thanks!
What did you end up doing? Have the same setup myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: @Cuz12 hasn't been on for a bit, so we thought it best to keep your thread & questions separated just in case. If that other member checks for messages, they'll see you asked this question here. In the meantime, hang tight. Others will reply I'm sure.

Enjoy the forum. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.