Polyurea Coating

Looks like there's some success with ponds but it never took off with pools. I'm guessing there is a reason for it, especially with liner costs still very high at the moment.

I also wonder how well the Rhino-Liner like application would hold up in a pool environment.

There are many different polyurea formulations and so the right one needs to be chosen. Depending on your pools structural design, it’s not a guarantee that you can use polyurea in place of a liner. If the entire pool were a continuous concrete structure, then I could see polyurea possibly working. But if you have steel walls and vermiculite base, there’s no way a thin’ish sprayed-on polymer is going to work better than a 30mil thick continuous vinyl liner. And, as @Newdude alluded to, the cost of the polyurea materials to make up that kid of thickness would likely exceed the cost of a liner.

I don’t think you’ll save any money and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to be the guinea pig for this kind of experiment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.