Polaris Pressure Stick, Polaris 360 #9-100-6000

Midgetguru

Apr 12, 2024
Santa Ana, CA
I purchased this pressure stick from Amazon. Unfortunately, the seller did not provide any instructions etc. with the purchase. I am currently troubleshooting my Polaris 380 - and have reached this stage. However l, I want to avoid making stupid mistakes/errors in setup and found this forum which looks like it has what I am looking for: educated sound advise. Now, correct me if I am writing here - but should there not be some type of nipple here er adapter to accommodate my pressure-side hose? Things like that, Thank you all in advance. Question: how do I properly use this?

IMG_6808.jpeg

Welcome to TFP.

Never saw that before.

You have a link to it?

What are the problems with your Polaris 380?

Last edited:
This one is for the Polaris 360 which has a larger diameter hose.
You need the one for the Polaris 180/280/380, Polaris part number G35.
(You'll also need a pressure gauge).
Remove hose from inlet side of back-up valve and install in its place.
With booster pump running and holding end of wand under water you want to see 28-32 psi to verify enough pressure is getting through the hose.

I purchased this pressure stick from Amazon. Unfortunately, the seller did not provide any instructions etc. with the purchase. I am currently troubleshooting my Polaris 380 - and have reached this stage. However l, I want to avoid making stupid mistakes/errors in setup and found this forum which looks like it has what I am looking for: educated sound advise. Now, correct me if I am writing here - but should there not be some type of nipple here er adapter to accommodate my pressure-side hose? Things like that, Thank you all in advance. Question: how do I properly use this?
A pressure gauge needs to be threaded into that port, the stick installed in place of the 380 (you bought one for the 360), the pump turned on. Never knew what that pressure is supposed to be, never saw it listed, but likely about 18-20 psig.
You don't need it, just adjust the pressure to have a wheel speed of 28-32 rpm and the pressure is good. If the pressure relief on the wall fitting is releasing pressure, you know you have enough flow and then adjust the wheel speed by adjusting the pressure relief.
If you can't get that 28-32, your filter is probably dirty, a valve not adjusted correctly, the pump not running sufficient RPM if a VSP, the water ports in the cleaner clogged, the wheel belts not adjusted properly. You don't say what the issue is that you are trying to correct.
Send it back if you got it on Amazon, you overpaid. No one, that I am aware of, who installs those 360/380s actually uses that stick.

Last edited:
A pressure gauge needs to be threaded into that port, the stick installed in place of the 380 (you bought one for the 360), the pump turned on. Never knew what that pressure is supposed to be, never saw it listed, but likely about 18-20 psig.
You don't need it, just adjust the pressure to have a wheel speed of 28-32 rpm and the pressure is good. If the pressure relief on the wall fitting is releasing pressure, you know you have enough flow and then adjust the wheel speed by adjusting the pressure relief.
If you can't get that 28-32, your filter is probably dirty, a valve not adjusted correctly, the pump not running sufficient RPM if a VSP, the water ports in the cleaner clogged, the wheel belts not adjusted properly. You don't say what the issue is that you are trying to correct.
Send it back if you got it on Amazon, you overpaid. No one, that I am aware of, who installs those 360/380s actually uses that stick.
I worked with these since the 1990's. The 28-32 thing is PSI.
Look for wheel doing 1 revolution every 2 seconds.

Last edited:
I worked with these since the 1990's. The 28-32 thing is PSI.
Look for wheel doing 1 revolution every 2 seconds.
There may be a correlation between the psi and wheel RPM. They may be the same.
The "28-32 thing" is wheel revolutions per page 7 of the manual:
"For proper operation, the wheel RPM should be between 28 and 32."
Your "Look for wheel doing 1 revolution every 2 seconds" is dead center of that range.