Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
16x32 in ground vinyl pool. No mature trees, occasionally a few leaves from plants and flowers, and dust from wind.
What pool robot would be suited for this scenario?

Last edited:
Really depends on what you are looking for in a Robot that your 280 doesn't already provide.

I'm looking for a new robot myself...

Reactions: JodieM
That’s what we want, to be able to put it in a schedule. Thanks for the update on the Evo’s!

I think llike cars and snowmobiles, everyone has the favorite or preferred brand. In another thread I just noted I have had 2 Polaris cleaners, current one is the P825 which is 6 or so years old. I am looking at the Polaris 9550

We decided to keep the Polaris we have. It does a good job, just twists up on it self and sprays the windows from time to time.

A Polaris hose getting tied up itself is usually caused by it being too long (or using a cheap non-OEM replacement). Though I suppose it could see it happening in a narrow and long pool.

You can stop it from spraying the windows by attaching a TailSweep Pro or "No Spray" cap on the end:

I have the cheap ATIE one and it's been fine for almost two years now.

A Polaris hose getting tied up itself is usually caused by it being too long (or using a cheap non-OEM replacement). Though I suppose it could see it happening in a narrow and long pool.

You can stop it from spraying the windows by attaching a TailSweep Pro or "No Spray" cap on the end:

I have the cheap ATIE one and it's been fine for almost two years now.
I actually do have the tail sweep pro on the end, but my Polaris gets stuck in the shallow end corner and still sprays the windows.
I think my original hose needs replaced soon. I did shorten it when we bought it and it did work fine, but I think it doesn’t swivel like it used to anymore. The Polaris is older than my pool by several years. I bought it on this forum 2nd hand.

I actually do have the tail sweep pro on the end, but my Polaris gets stuck in the shallow end corner and still sprays the windows.
I think my original hose needs replaced soon. I did shorten it when we bought it and it did work fine, but I think it doesn’t swivel like it used to anymore. The Polaris is older than my pool by several years. I bought it on this forum 2nd hand.
The Polaris should not get stuck if it has a working back-up valve. Get a "Swasher" sweep tail on Amazon and you will not have water spray out and the tip will seem to last forever, mine's going on 4 years.

Thanks! Checking on it right now!
It gets stuck until the backup valve pulls it to a new location.
Sometimes the hose hangs up on the Polaris return jet fitting and tangles into a pretzel, again spraying my windows.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support