Please look at my return / jet flow.. Is this right?

So I must admit I'm not the strongest person in the world.. But I also think I'm not the weakest... I turned the pump off and I cannot get that thing to budge!!!!!

Pliers? Then I'm afraid I'm gonna scratch or break something..

You first stated that "" I just got my pool installed "". Somethings not right. IMO, Should NOT have been installed that tight ! Lefty Loosey ? I like Steve's suggestion of a rubber disc/mat that helps opening jars. I used a set of channel locks to get mine un-stuck. Just B careful !!!!! My outlets did not come with O-Rings. After the first time mine got stuck i installed O-Rings. Suggest when ya get it off take it to the local hardware store and buy a few & use. This will help for future removal ! Good Luck !

So I went and bought a strap wrench and was able to get it off and adjust the eyeball.. I now have stuff in my skimmer!! :)

One thing though.. The jet is making like mini tornadoes and then there's like a sucking sound or something...

Thoughts?

It goes up to the second screw on the skimmer.. How high on the skimmer is it supposed to be? Thanks

I know on mine, the water comes up to about an inch higher than the middle of the skimmer. I looked at your video again, and if that is where your water level is now, it looks like it's a bit too low. Hard for me to tell, but it looks like it should be a couple of inches higher.

When you hear that sucking sound, can you look down into your skimmer's throat and see if that's where the sucking sound is coming from?

Edit: Ok, looking at your skimmer in the video, I would try bringing the water level about about 1 inch to 1.5 inches. Looking at your jet, it shouldn't be breaking the water like that. You said you adjusted it, but maybe you could try pointing it downwards so it's not breaking the water.

I've had that tornado and sucking noise right in front of my return before as well, especially with a nice clean filter. Try aiming the eyeball in a slightly different direction once your water level is correct. If I aimed the eyeball too low I got the sucking noise...

Another thing I wanted to mention, we had that sucking sound in front of the return about a week ago. Ended up that the weir door in the skimmer was stuck in the closed position. Might not be in your case, but thought might be worth it to mention.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I meant to actually mention that.. Not in this thread though.. When I got my pool and I was checking things out.. I saw the skimmer flapper had a piece of styrofoam in it.. I thought it was packing and removed it!! I found out a few days later it was supposed to be in there but I still don't have a piece so it basically just lays flat..

I had the local pool shop replace my skimmer. They didn't put the flapper in. They said they are pointless, get in your way and all they do is keep the floating bugs to stay in the skimmer when the pump is off.

They did say to aim the eyeball up when the cover is off and down when the cover is on.

I read somewhere to put a tennis ball in your skimmer if you get a tornado.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.