Please Be Easy On Me :)

Our HD & Lowes are al
If you can find it right now (home depot / lowes etc) get liquid chlorine at a higher level than 6%. Not sure how much you have been able to read, but the dates on the chlorine are important as it does not have great shelf life. Also - if you are using laundry / household bleach at whatever strength, that is ok. Just make sure you don't use splashless, or otherwise 'modified' bleach.
ways out of stock. We even drove 30 minutes away because they said they had some but didn't have any. Our Ace has had it, so I have been buying 4 a day plush bleach at pretty anytime I see it. I have been using the splashless, but now I will know not to. I plan on going back to Ace tomorrow to get more. This is our walmart bleach section. It is crazy. I do have a question though. What about dry/powder chlorine? Ace has that also for the pool. 67993688040__5BEFFD9B-2508-4EC7-BAF7-FB7B87EFA9F5.jpg

Powdered chlorine, also called shock, is chlorine bound to either CYA or Calcium.

Every time you use it, you are adding the other ingredient. It happens that CYA and calcium build up, but don’t dissipate. So you either end up with calcium scaling issues, or too much CYA to keep up sanitizing. It’s a catch 22 for sure.

Liquid chlorine or a salt water chlorine generator are the only reliable ways to keep the water clear, without the other issues.

And guess what if you get the 12.5% chlorine you won't have to lug as much cuz it'll be just 68 ounces just make sure you adjust the strength parameter.
Didn't think about that.
Since you are not a salt water pool, (yet) stick with liquid chlorine.
*edit* Recommended Pool Chemicals
Ok I will stick to Liquid.
Powdered chlorine, also called shock, is chlorine bound to either CYA or Calcium.

Every time you use it, you are adding the other ingredient. It happens that CYA and calcium build up, but don’t dissipate. So you either end up with calcium scaling issues, or too much CYA to keep up sanitizing. It’s a catch 22 for sure.

Liquid chlorine or a salt water chlorine generator are the only reliable ways to keep the water clear, without the other issues.
That makes sense. So what do y'all do if you can't find chlorine?

Hopefully some others can help with sourcing ideas. I do have a SWG, so when I buy LC, it is a gallon or two and lasts longer than it is really effective for. I understand that it is really hard to come by now days, especially in certain areas.

Hd and lowes don’t seem to have it in your area.

Griffin Walmart doesn’t have it.

Locust grove WM, aisle Y1
McDonough WM, aisle Y2

Both stores indicate in stock

Search Walmart for:

1658369737481.png

Ace griffin has:
1658370027043.png

And
1658370085523.png

Last edited:
Granted a bit expensive, but in a pinch…

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just did a quick search for "Griffin Georgia liquid chlorine". There are several pool supply stores
near you that probably carry 12.5% or lower. Try Pool Time on Solomon St. or Bluewater Pools on
Everee Inn Rd. The CL is usually pretty fresh at these kinds of businesses and hopefully stored inside
out of the heat (which degrades it).

Hd and lowes don’t seem to have it in your area.

Griffin Walmart doesn’t have it.

Locust grove WM, aisle Y1
McDonough WM, aisle Y2

Both stores indicate in stock

Search Walmart for:

View attachment 438451

Ace griffin has:
View attachment 438456

And
View attachment 438458
I have been slowly buying from Ace for the past 2 days. Trying not to be a chlorine hog, but yet be one. How many do y'all keep on hand? I have 10 as of now.
I just did a quick search for "Griffin Georgia liquid chlorine". There are several pool supply stores
near you that probably carry 12.5% or lower. Try Pool Time on Solomon St. or Bluewater Pools on
Everee Inn Rd. The CL is usually pretty fresh at these kinds of businesses and hopefully stored inside
out of the heat (which degrades it).
Sometimes I question myself, didn't even think about other pool stores since I know the one I USE to go to doesn't carry liquid.

Reactions: ghall6292
I have been slowly buying from Ace for the past 2 days. Trying not to be a chlorine hog, but yet be one. How many do y'all keep on hand? I have 10 as of now.
I used to buy enough for 2 weeks at a time. (Now on SWCG).
Ok, so now I have a total of 20 (4-12.5%, 15-10% and a gallon of bleach). 🤪 I would guess this would keep me good through pool closing and pool opening next year.
I would use the 12.5% first, it degrades the fastest...

COOL dry place. I keep it in the basement.

We gave up our basement in Oct. for a barn, so that is about as cool as it will get.
I used to buy enough for 2 weeks at a time. (Now on SWCG).

I would use the 12.5% first, it degrades the fastest...
Thank you for letting me know that. I see they also have 12.5% on Amazon. A little price gouging but I guess if your desperate enough to buy it if you can't find it anywhere else.

No, we sold our house with a basement and bought a house in the country that has a barn (no basement). We downsized so a lot less room. I will try and figure something out.
Heat is your enemy. If you let it get too hot, you’ll have some very expensive water in a very short time. It’ll also vent out the cap causing rust issues on anything metal nearby.

Bleach is happy in the temperatures you’d be happy. Store inside if you have to - nothing to worry about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.