Please Be Easy On Me :)

CYA is a stabilizer that also protect your chlorine from UV. Too low cYA and the sun consumes your chlorine very quickly Too much CYA and it reduces the active chlorine such that you have to increase your FC to properly sanitize your pool. It’s a fine line.
It is a very interesting thing. You would think the higher the CYA the less chlorine you would have to put in everyday (compared to the chart). My CYA is at 50 and I had to put in 2 gallons of chlorine last night.

It is a very interesting thing. You would think the higher the CYA the less chlorine you would have to put in everyday (compared to the chart). My CYA is at 50 and I had to put in 2 gallons of chlorine last night.
How much chlorine you add is a function of pool volume and FC loss. Your FC loss is a combination of loss due to the sun and bather load. So while higher cya can protect the FC it does not sanitize your pool unless the FC is per the CYA FC chart. If you have low FC and high CYA then the bather load component would lead to algae.

Reactions: Sherihicks92
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.