Pentair superflow variable speed 1 A code

Dessum

Feb 16, 2023
Clearwater Florida
The other day my pump just quit. I heard from the pump what sounded like a breaker tripping then the 1A code came up, I rebuilt the pump and there are no rotating issues. I hooked it back up and still reads the error code. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find any more information after the pump rebuld.

D,

Did you use a voltmeter and test the actual voltage getting to the pump?

I assume your pump is operating off of 240 Volts AC. If so, measure between L1 and L2 (the two hot wires coming into the pump). Do not measure L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as this can give you a false reading.

If you don't have 240 volts between L1 and L2, then your problem is not the pump, but whatever provides the power to the pump. Most likely a bad breaker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Can you rotate the shaft from the back?

There is a hole in the back that you can use a 1/4” hex/allen key in.

1A - Power Module over current detected

1A – Power Module over current detected: If this error displays multiple times, then there may be a problem with the pump’s rotating assembly. Please disassemble the pump and investigate to see if there is a problem with the impeller or mechanical seal. See page 14 “Pump Disassembly” for instructions for disassembling the pump.

Check the voltage and current going to the pump.

1676571358368.png

My pump is 3 years old. It has been running on 110 since I got the home. I have good voltage to the pump. I went through the impeller and there was no debris. I replaced the ceramic seal since I had it apart. The power board lights up. I try to re set it and it jumps right to the error code again. Is ther a high limit switch on ther motor of some kind. Can I bypass the electronics and bench test the motor?

Try the 1/4" Allen wrench in the back to see how easily the impeller turns.

Maybe try 240 volts.

What is the exact voltage line to line before the motor tries to start?

What is the exact voltage line to line when the motor is trying to start?

What is the current when the pump tries to start?

The motor is a three phase motor, so you would need to apply the correct 3 phase voltage and frequency if you wanted to bench test the motor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dan,

I suspect that the factory has the ability to test the control head by itself, but I doubt you or I could do it.

The control head is much more likely to fail than the motor itself, but as you put it... in the end, it is just a crapshoot.

Since it appears that you are going to have to buy a new control head or a new pump any way, it can't hurt to open what you have and see if you can spot anything obvious. Maybe just leaving the control head disconnected from power for a few days will wipe out any memory.

Did you do a factory reset??? https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=00f8...FNzkyQ0Y2RDNCN0NDQUNGNkM5JkZPUk09VklSRQ&ntb=1

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
I have tried all of the re sets combos I could find, so that's why I was wondering if I could bypass the head.

I didn't find anything obvious when I took the head assembly apart to explore. I did hear what sounded like a braker popping in the pump head when this happened so the head makes sense. The power has been off going on the 4th day now and still won't clear. I have to make a move here. The inside of the pump looked like new, so I am going to go the head replacement route.

Thank you all for the great feedback. I will post my results.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.