Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,
I recently pulled out my Pentair Spa Light and noticed the "sealing ring" was rusted and looked horrible (for another post).
When I removed the ring, it appeared there was something else that came off with it (black gooey stuff).

In my image below, I think the item highlighted in yellow is the gasket that I need to replace. Is that correct?
If so, are there any additional directions or do I just place it in between the sealing ring and the Double Wall Gasket?

I can't seem to find any installation instructions but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place!

Thanks in advance!
Randy

gaskets.png

Hi everyone,
I pulled out my Pentair spa light to do some maintenance and noticed the sealing ring (I believe is the name of it) was blue and rusty.

I used some rust removal spray and a wire brush and got it looking like the photo below.

Is this still useable or do I need to pay $75 for a new one?

Thanks in advance,
Randy

sealing-ring.png

I've got 2 different questions here - I think an admin combined the threads thinking they were the same.
Just mentioning this in case someone else is confused.

Are there any model numbers on the labels visible in the light?

Can you post readable pics of the labels?

1698170497906.png

This may be the manual with installation instructions for your light niche...

Attachments

• Amerlite-AmerQuartz - Vinyl Liner-Fiberglass Niche Installation Guide English.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for all the feedback.
@ajw22 was really close.
I've attached the install instructions I found for the niche.

I believe this is the sentence that talks about the gasket:
"Align front gasket (gasket with the two larger holes to go over the retainer screw heads) with brass-chrome sealing ring and fasten tightly to the light niche with the six 10-24 x 1 1/8 inch flat stainless screws provided for that purpose."

I ordered a couple gaskets so once I get them in, this all might make a little more sense. I will post an update here once I have had a chance to work on it.

Here is the text inside the NICHE:
MODEL: 78243XXX, 78244XXX & 792066XX (CONCRETE POOLS & SPAS)
MODEL: 78241XXX & 78242XXX FIXTURE HOUSINGS (MANUFACTURED POOLS & SPAS)
USE WITH MODELS 6400XX, 771XXXXX, 773XXXXX, 781XXXXX, 785XXXXX
78XXXXX, 64005X & 7878XXXX WET NICHE LIGHT FIXTURES

Here is a better photo of the inside of the niche (it has been raining here for 2 days so I had to use an older photo).
small-niche-pic.png

Attachments

• Pentairs_Small_Stainless_Steel_Niche_Installation_Guide_English.pdf
    445.9 KB · Views: 1
While I have everyone's attention, any thoughts on my sealing ring question?
as mentioned, the question got combined with the original question buy the system or an admin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the sealing ting I think everyone will say it depends if the ring is flat and not pitted and seals with the gasket.

You have it in hand and can examine it.

Here's the thing. The general corrosion could be chemistry, but the eating up of the metal ring above the top retaining screw (brass if I'm not mistaken) is a symptom of something. Why did it only happen there?
I'd suggest you have your bonding tested. The light is on a gfci, correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.