Pentair replacement intellibrite gaskets

marinoperna

Jul 8, 2014
largo, fl
Hello,
There is so much written about leaking gaskets that i thought i would ask.
I purchased a Superior-Pro lens gasket. Looks nice but the original was pure white whereas this one is yellowish. Anyone with experience with these? Quality any good (evidently made by Aladdin)? the Pentair brand is nearly 4x the cost. the light engine was $600 so just can't afford any leaks that would take out my new board. $50 would be cheap insurance if indeed it is any better/different than the one i already have. Hate to spend that difference if they are all made by the same company but priced by name brand.
The other is that i read that they should be lubed (sparingly) while other places say to mount dry. Appreciate knowledgeable replies
Thanks
Marino

Where did you get that Superior Pro gasket from?

@1poolman1 you have any experience with such gaskets?

Local hardware store

I am skeptical that a local hardware store can have the proper gasket for a specialized pool light.

Is anything listed on the gasket packaging saying it fits a Pentair Intellibrite or Amerlight?

I've replaced my burned out light engine and now it is time to reinstall. I bought a Pentair branded gasket. the Big question is to whether to use lube or not

What experiences have you had. Just cannot destroy my new $600 engine

Thanks
Marino

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.