Fresno/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Did your pool store check the drive shafts? I recently had similar problem where my couple year old Rebel wouldn't leave the deep end. I discovered that the splines on the left drive shaft (Pentair part number 360289) were worn down -- see picture below. I replaced that ~ $30 part and now my Rebel works great again.
View attachment 89948
Mine was doing the same, spins left but stayed in the deep end. Opened it up and everything “looked” fine. Spinning the right wheel caused the transmission to shift properly but placing the slightest resistance on the left wheel would cause the drive gear to slip and chatter. Removed the left drive assembly to discover almost undetectable wear on the left drive spindle. Am going to replace it but this seems like more of a design problem caused by the left drive assembly not pushing the spindle far enough to fully engage. Thoughts?

MOD: moved from here: Pentair Rebel pool cleaner trouble

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP.

How old is your Racer?

These cleaners have parts that wear and require periodic maintenance. The good thing is parts should be available at reasonable prices.

We have seen a lot of low quality stuff built around Covid time. Hard to say why you have the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.