Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is this model available for propane? I don't see that on the Pentair website but it was recommended by a contractor. If not I figure you could get the NG version and convert it so maybe that is what he is talking about.

Yes, there's a conversion kit or propane ready in the 400 series. I remember there was a little mix-up in my quote right at us finalizing the deal where the conversion kit was first not known by them to be needed, then, was going to cost an additional $700???? Since propane was well known to be the case during quotation, they didn't upcharge the conversion kit or swap out with propane ready.

Last edited:
The HD is only 82% efficient compared to 84% for the regular copper heat exchanger.

Why is the builder pushing the HD model?

Did the old heater fail?

Do you have a tab feeder?

I would get the regular heater and operate it correctly and it should last for more than 10 years.

1697285439447.png

1697285375930.png

1697285524339.png

1697285933490.png

The HD is only 82% efficient compared to 84% for the regular copper heat exWhy is the builder pushing the HD model?

Did the old heater fail?

Do you have a tab feeder?

I would get the regular heater and operate it correctly and it should last for more than 10 years.
>Why is the builder pushing the HD - He thinks it is better in a salt pool. I don't agree but I am checking out his recommendation to gauge his knowledge.

>Did the old heater fail? - Yes, after 25 years it will no longer fire up. I don't want to put any money into it to get it working.

>Do you have a tab feeder? - Yes, but over the 25 years it was not used constantly and has not caused issues.

>I would get the regular heater and operate it correctly and it should last for more than 10 years. - I may not live to see it but I would hope to get more than 10 years out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.