Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Moved from HERE
Hi all,

This is my first post but I've been reading these forums for about a month now. We own a pool that was not taken care of very well for several years and have been on a mission to fix this heater. It all started with an E05 error that required us to replace the stack flue sensor, control board and membrane pad to get it running. We also replaced the thermal regulator for good measure. The unit functions but now has a loud whine while it runs. I've seen posts about bearings for pumps but not sure what to make of this from the heater itself. Below is a youtube video I recorded so you can hear it.

I look forward to your advice and thank you in advance!
Hi!

I have the same heater but it's 3 years old, and the same noise problem. I have replaced the thermal regulator, but still the same noise. When I remove the regulator, the noise goes away.
Have you been able to find out the cause of the noise on your system?

Thank You

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved from HERE

Hi!

I have the same heater but it's 3 years old, and the same noise problem. I have replaced the thermal regulator, but still the same noise. When I remove the regulator, the noise goes away.
Have you been able to find out the cause of the noise on your system?

Thank You

Peter
Sounds very much like the blower motor. Open the case and see if you can determine the location. You can feel the fan motor and it will tell you if it is bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.