Pentair Light issue

May 26, 2012
We had a pool/spa built in September and we had many issues. Trying to fix one thing at a time

One of the issues is the LED lights. The Intellibrite pool/spa lights match but does not match the Microbrite light that was installed on the steps. Pentair does state on their website "For best results when using multiple lights, use all the same model and do not mix multiple models of lights within a single installation." I am not sure why the builder did this but kind of stuck now. I believe the Microbrite uses a different blue LED and actually has a white LED. The only colors that looked the same when all three lights were on was red and green. We really like white and blue and it looks terrible and the spa light has some red that always shows no matter what color is selected. The microbrite light started flickering a a lot and actually doesn't work anymore.

I contacted Florida Sunseeker and they said they have a drop in option for the pool and spa light but the option for the microbrite has a bigger face and will not fit the step. They also say they wont sync with Pentair automation panels which I don't have yet but will add in a few months.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Pool is drained now for some other repairs and would like to get all 3 lights matching exactly and be able to sync to a Pentair panel.

I have these lights.

1 - Pentair Intellibrite 640122 120 volt LED spa light
1 - Pentair Intellibrite 601002 120 volt LED pool light
1 - Pentair Microbrite 12 volt LED pool light

Attachments

• PXL_20210930_015046039.jpg
    PXL_20210930_015046039.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
See the LED colors in this chart from Pentair. Some of the lights use different blue LEDs.

There is no way to get what you want from where you are.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

Thanks. Are you saying that nobody makes drop in replacements or nobody makes anything that can sync to a Pentair panel?

Nobody makes LED lights in the two sizes you need with identical colors.

Ok, dang it. I will most likely just disconnect the microbrite light then and just use the two Itellibrites for now as I would it rather be dark on the steps than not match. What are your thoughts on the picture showing the constant red on the spa light in the original post? Is it defective or just the way it is? These lights are only 5 months old and the Intellibrite has already failed completely and the small Intellibrite is red all the time.

The red light lost the green and blue LEDs. Usually the LEDs don’t fail. It is the light driver electronics that fails due to overheating. Read Pentair LED Pool Lights - Further Reading Some folks have put heat sinks in the light to try and extend the longevity of the IntelliBrites.

Thanks, some good info there. So the Itellibrite light already failed. If i just leave the the microbrite disconnected, are the Halco lights an option to replace the intellibrites with my setup? I am not impressed so far with the Pentair lights in this 5 month old pool with 2 out of 3 lights already failing.

Attachments

• 1644707848062.png
    1644707848062.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 5
With a 5 month old pool why don’t you put a warranty claim into Pentair?

I don’t have experience with Halco replacements. I think a few folks here have used them. You probably can’t do worse then your sure time experience.

I might try to warranty once but was looking for alternatives as I don't want to keep having issues. Never had an issue with the bigger Intellibrite light in either of my pools. Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.