Pentair IntellipH Controller

I am still loving the system. Once I found my number I haven't had to change it. I literally have done no acid additions to the pool. My ph stays at 7.5. I do have relatively high alkalinity fill water - not sure how this factors in. I'm very happy I installed it. My calcium deposits seems to be clearing up as well.

Alex

glad to hear that alex. I've been following feedback closely on this unit, and I'll be pulling the trigger. For me, the benefits with the integration of the IC helps justify the cost.

question though, can you tell me what size box it came in and what the approx ship weight is? can't find this info online.

I'm finally to the point where I can install mine. Did you guys install the feed upstream of the salt cell like the directions say? If I do that it will be literally right in front of the cell upstream. Hopefully that will be ok for the cell. Thanks steve

On the IntellipH, I does not say in the manual what happens when water is not flowing ... or how it would know water is not flowing.
Yet the chart of oz and pump hours assumes it does not dispense 24/7.

I have an IntelliFlow and an IntelliChlor.
I do not have any wires going from the pump to the IntelliChlor power unit, so it must be reading the flow in the SWG.

As the SWG tells the power unit the flow stopped or the temperature is too cold, does the IntellipH listen to know it should not dose as well?

The acid part of the intelliph shares alot with the intellichem(canister, cables, pump?). Not surprising since both products were released about the same time. The intellichem just adds more intelligence/programming controls for dosing (including not running swg when ph is >7.8) plus an ORP sensor and remote control of SWG. When there is an intellitouch, the intellichem can have its power cables connected such that it automatically shuts off when pump stops. I'm not sure what happens if there is no automation system. As for water flow, usually there are two cables ...one coming in from after filter and the second going to just before SWG..water gets diverted through that and acid gets mixed in. If pump stops and power stays on, the intellichem notices there is no flow and then waits for 5 minutes after flow is detected again before allowing further dosing. An alternative way to handle things is put an intelliph/intellichem on an aux circuit and then put the acid doser on its own schedule (so that it starts after water has been filtering for awhile and stops at least 30 minutes before the normal pump shutoff time).

here's my 2 week verdict.

Overall I'm wanting to like this unit... I like the concept of the device and its integration with an intellichlor. The build quality of the canister is nice. The buttons on the panel feel a little flaky.

I was quite displeased to learn a few days after installation that the pick up tube in the reservoir managed to dislodge itself and was basically floating. So while I thought it was pumping it was actually sucking air. Had to unscrew the whole top and retrieve the tube....with 4 gallons of MA fuming in your face, you know how tough that was.

And now, today I realise the 2-line LCD has gone south on me. I'm waiting to see what's the fix for this after having contacted pentair.

The unit is still working...I realise that if I view it an angle I can see the words on the top dark line of the LCD, but the important part, the bottom which shows the parameters changing with the MORE or LESS buttons is completely blank.

Anyone had this happen to their unit?

Attachments

• bad-lcd.jpg
    bad-lcd.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 207
well I tried that as soon as I saw it and it didn't change anything.

But good news when I checked it this morning and the system turned on, it was displaying fine.

I guess it's something we'll have to keep an eye on.

I have mine at 49% and for the first time ever, my pH is right where i want it.

How often do you run your pump?

I run 15hr a day at low flow rates; for efficiency.
SWG is at 10% and PH is at 15%

re:Install
How tightly did you screw-in the Injector into the saddle?
I only did it finger tight as I was worried using a wrench might cause it to crack.
... same with the "black piece" that covers the connection between the tube and the injector.

I also trimmed-down the pink tube to about 18".

it's interesting to see how other ppl run their setups.

I run for 5 hours a day (single speed pump here but rates are comparatively cheap).
The SWG is at 40% and the pH as I said is 49%

re: Install
My kit didn't come with the 'supplied o-ring' I. I was too eager so I improvised with the o-ring that is
commonly found in the female end of a garden hose. I used the saddle clamps, but as I remember, I only
hand tightened that....and once I was sure it wasn't leaking I was good with that.

Yeah those black things I just hand tightened.

Another observation, is that upon plugging the pump power cord into the IntellipH unit, I noticed that the port on the bottom
wanted to go into the unit, so I had to be careful not to push too wildly up there.

I screwed down the reservoir, which I realised was a necessity when you try to open/close the lid.

My pink cord was trimmed down just enough to make it around the reservoir and up into the saddle. I kept the balance
in case I ever have to replace the section in use.

I am anxious to see how the 'rolled' black tupe will last in the pump itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
aholmes5 said:
I am still loving the system. Once I found my number I haven't had to change it. I literally have done no acid additions to the pool. My ph stays at 7.5. I do have relatively high alkalinity fill water - not sure how this factors in. I'm very happy I installed it. My calcium deposits seems to be clearing up as well.

Alex
ALex, how much acid are you using a week with your setup?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.