Pentair Intelliflow3 011075

Flyer288

Jun 19, 2020
Richmond, TX
Hi

My old Pentair WF-28 pump died this week and after doing some research, have landed on replacing it with a Pentair IntelliFlo3 (011075). I found this on Amazon, but it almost looks too good to be true, at $1095. Most other retailers are asking c.$1500.

Is that just a really good deal or am I missing something?

Delivery is not until September 11, so that’s not ideal as my pool is already turning green.

Welcome to TFP.

Your link to Amazon does not work.

I would not touch an IntelliFlo3 at that price.

That has to be a mistake, but it is Amazon, so what do you have to lose? Just return it, if not what you ordered.

On the surface the price does not make any sense.. It just may be your lucky day. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Delivery is not until September 11, so that’s not ideal as my pool is already turning green.
Shop around your area, and you can have something like this in your pool within an hour. This one is in Rosenberg:

You can find similar models for even less, $50-60.

Put it in the deep end and run the hose to the shallow end. Then get your FC up. If you don't wait too long you can keep the green at bay or even eliminate it, and then take the time you need to find the right main pump.

Something like this is good to have on hand, for this very reason, and others, too. It won't be money wasted on a one-time dealio. I have a similar model in my garage, just in case. With today's chlorine prices, a good backup pump is a lot cheaper than the cost of chlorine to clear a pool that needs a major SLAM.

Last edited:
I just like that it's listed as "submersible"; I don't think that means what whoever wrote or checked that thinks it means! Although, just think of the pipe costs we could all save by mounting the pump right in the deep end :)

=> Just in case it isn't obvious, don't do this!

ETA: Dirk and I were typing at the same time. I'm referring to the Amazon Intelliflo listing and was being snarky. Dirk is actually being helpful in suggesting that a cheap real submersible pump could be used as an interim while shopping.

• Wow
Reactions: Dirk and JamesW
Thanks all! Great replies. Awesome detective work :D

I had already placed the order so will see how it goes. It is very tempting to cancel though.

Thanks also for the submersible pump recommendation, will have one setup shortly.

I normally use powder shock; is there any benefit in using liquid shock for now?

Reactions: Dirk
was never delivered. It has been 12 days and still no refund. I contacted amazon, Amazon is finally submitting a refund and said that the seller had never.
By Ryan J Smith on June 22, 2023.
Message from Amazon: This item was fulfilled by Amazon, and we take responsibility for this fulfillment experience.
It is a relatively new account and they already have a complaint about not receiving the product and Amazon had to take care of it.

When the price is below what someone can buy the product for from a legitimate wholesaler, it is probably not a legitimate deal.

It's basic common sense, if your cost is X, you can't sell it for less than or equal to X.

That tells you that the person is probably not going to ship the product or there is something wrong with it

Reactions: Dirk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all! Great replies. Awesome detective work :D

I had already placed the order so will see how it goes. It is very tempting to cancel though.

Thanks also for the submersible pump recommendation, will have one setup shortly.

I normally use powder shock; is there any benefit in using liquid shock for now?
Let us know when you receive it and if all the parts are with it.
Also - use a union connection on each side of the pump. That may require a separate purchase to get the correct unions unless it states the pump comes with unions.

Reactions: JamesW
Also - use a union connection on each side of the pump. That may require a separate purchase to get the correct unions unless it states the pump comes with unions.

Intelliflo3 comes with unions.

One of the most enlightening aspects of this thread, for me, was the Amazon listing. Directly under the product title are the words "Visit the Pentair Store." This clearly implies the product is being sold by and from the Pentair Store (not just that it is a Pentair product). So I've been using this information incorrectly all along, apparently.

How can this be a thing? Did the seller misappropriate this in some way, or is Amazon (and Pentair!) totally fine with those words appearing in that way?

Either way, I'll have to start paying closer attention to Amazon listings.

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
I do not believe the Anything Store on Amazon is controlled by the Anything Corporation.

I think any Amazon seller who sells Anything products can create an Anything Store.

To me it is like the Anything product aisle in a store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.