Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all,

On my 7 year old pool I have had to replace 3 lights in the first 4 years of our pool build. Two of these were in the 3 years warranty period and the 3rd was on the 4th year but Pentair stepped up and made a one time courtesy replacement. Fast forward to ~6 months ago one of my lights has failed once more. Considering these lights are rarely used they should last a lifetime, especially being LEDs. I remember the boards on my previous ones looked burnt, heat sink issue and no circulating air as I am aware. Not sure if that is the case this time around or possible water intrusion (was not the case on previous 3). Will not know until I take it out once the water warms up a bit more.

So my question is do you all know if the 5G white lasts longer than the 5G color?

Can I remove the 5G color board and replace it with the 5G white one or is there more to it? I know I will need to replace the gasket as well.

If I can get away from the LED altogether I would do this but I am not sure if this is possible with the niche's for the Pentair Intellibrites.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Hello all,

On my 7 year old pool I have had to replace 3 lights in the first 4 years of our pool build. Two of these were in the 3 years warranty period and the 3rd was on the 4th year but Pentair stepped up and made a one time courtesy replacement. Fast forward to ~6 months ago one of my lights has failed once more. Considering these lights are rarely used they should last a lifetime, especially being LEDs. I remember the boards on my previous ones looked burnt, heat sink issue and no circulating air as I am aware. Not sure if that is the case this time around or possible water intrusion (was not the case on previous 3). Will not know until I take it out once the water warms up a bit more.

So my question is do you all know if the 5G white lasts longer than the 5G color?

Can I remove the 5G color board and replace it with the 5G white one or is there more to it? I know I will need to replace the gasket as well.

If I can get away from the LED altogether I would do this but I am not sure if this is possible with the niche's for the Pentair Intellibrites.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.
The 5g color light and the 5g white light use the same niche

The 5g color light and the 5g white light use the same niche
Thanks for your comment, that I am aware. I was meaning are the boards swappable. Swap out the color led board for just the white led board?

When I mentioned niche I was asking was there an alternative that I can install in the niche without being LED since they fail pretty quick verses the amount they are used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.