Pentair Intelibrite/globrite replacement board or Sunseeker Aftermarket?

Jun 5, 2017
Sacramento, Ca
We've got 2 intellibrites, one large one in the pool and a smaller one in the spa, and a globrite (i think) on the cabo shelf.

Well after about 6 years, the large intellibrite is stuck on red and the globright just doesn't work (can see condensation inside). The spa intellibrite seems fine (fingers crossed).

So, i'm at a bit of a crossroads....if we didn't have the globrite i would be tempted to just do the aftermarket sunseeker for the pool and spa (when it dies), but the globrite throws a wrench into it. Seems like the globright is a POS and now everyone goes over to the microbrite with the adapter. So, my big questions, if i go with the Sunseeker led board on both intelibrites and go with the microbrite on the shelf....is there going to be a difference with color or will they be sync'd(meaning if i select White on my screenlogic app, will it match the oem and aftermarket lights)?

another question regarding the microbrite. I'm pretty sure i have a globrite, here's a picture. PXL_20230820_205902937.MP.jpg

Thats a globright right? From what i read, no real good way to NOT have to pull new wire. so i guess i'll have to order a new one and just pull the new wire though? What kind of pull wire should i use. I'm a little scared of not being able to get the new wire back through (i'm sure it'll be fine, but just a little wary).

Thoughts?

Looks like a globrite, but the picture is too blurry so I cannot be sure.

If your conduit is ok, it's a pretty easy job. An electrician pull cord is probably preferred, but I just used an ordinary thin nylon cord from HD. You attach the cord to the old cable with electrical tape at the junction box, unscrew the light by 1/8 of a turn, pull the light out with the cable and the attached cord. Then attach the new cable to the cord and pull it back into the junction box.

It took me 10-15 minutes today to replace the light without a helper. With a helper at the other end, it would have been faster. There's also a movie on "how to do it":

The most painful part of the job is the replacement light price.

Looks like a globrite, but the picture is too blurry so I cannot be sure.

If your conduit is ok, it's a pretty easy job. An electrician pull cord is probably preferred, but I just used an ordinary thin nylon cord from HD. You attach the cord to the old cable with electrical tape at the junction box, unscrew the light by 1/8 of a turn, pull the light out with the cable and the attached cord. Then attach the new cable to the cord and pull it back into the junction box.

It took me 10-15 minutes today to replace the light without a helper. With a helper at the other end, it would have been faster. There's also a movie on "how to do it":

The most painful part of the job is the replacement light price.
I watched that video shortly before i posted here. lol.

Were you able to tell any difference between the globrite and microbrite.

I can live with 1 less watt of power. :)

Is this the only light in your pool? I'm wondering if it still follows the same light color sync with any other lights.
I have two lights in the pool. The right one is the one year old globrite replacement, the left one is the recent micro replacement. Both are white lights, I do not care much for color.

@vjc103 I'm in the multiple failed Globrite pentair family. I've got two more out right now after having 2 replaced previously. Things are just Crud.

Are you saying that micro and Globrite are interchangeable? I don't care if I lose color I just want something that will last longer than the crappy GloBrites that have cost me a fortune so far.

Are you saying that micro and Globrite are interchangeable? I don't care if I lose color I just want something that will last longer than the crappy GloBrites that have cost me a fortune so far.

Pentair has three model Microbrite lights in an adapter or a Microbright adapter that will fit into the Glowbright niche. The 618040 MicroBrite-to-GloBrite adaptor installs onto any MicroBrite Light and allows it to be mounted into a GloBrite Niche or a ColorVision Bubble. Pentair also offers a MicroBrite-G light kit (item # 620166) which comes as a MicroBrite, color light along with the adapter but only in 150’ foot cord length.
  • WarmWhite LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair ColorVision Bubbler - 602167
  • White LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair ColorVision Bubbler - 602165
  • Color LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite NIche or Pentair ColorVision Bubbler - 602166
  • Adapter allows a MicroBrite light to be installed into a Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair Colorvision Bubbler. - 618040
Note that Microbrite lights have their own reliability issues and are just a bit less crappy then Globrites.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.