DeQuincy, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I noticed today that my SWG was lit up. After some troubleshooting I found the 10 amp fuse to be blown inside. I replaced it twice and it’s blowing the fuse when the pump is turned on. What could I do about this? Videos show replace my cell, but there has to be a trouble free way? This thing is barely 6 months old.

JB,

Not to be picky, but an iChlor-30 is not an IntelliChlor salt cell, what you have is different. ( I fixed your title)

Sounds to me like the cell is bad and needs to be replaced. If only 6 months old, just file a warranty claim.

Thanks,

Jim R.

JB,

Not to be picky, but an iChlor-30 is not an IntelliChlor salt cell, what you have is different. ( I fixed your title)

Sounds to me like the cell is bad and needs to be replaced. If only 6 months old, just file a warranty claim.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Roger! I was referring to my power center that says intellichlor on it, but yes I have an IC30. I contacted the pool builder and he is taking care of it. Is this a common occurrence? The reason I ask is they are costly so I don’t want to run out of warranty and have to buy one every 6 months.

JB,

We do not recommend the iChlor cells as they do not seem to be a robust as the IntelliChlor cells.

I have three saltwater pools and they all have IC40 cells. Most cells last 5 to 7 years. In my case, I have repalced all three original cells. One lasted almost 9 years, one over 7 years and the last one lasted almost 7 years.

Sorry, but I do not have a feel for the normal life span of the iChlor cells.

Thanks,

Jim R.

When you need to replace the iChlor cell out of your own pocket consider replacing it with an IntelliChlor IC40 cell. Your plumbing will need to be adjusted since the IntelliChlor cells are a bit longer then the iChlor cell.

When you need to replace the iChlor cell out of your own pocket consider replacing it with an IntelliChlor IC40 cell. Your plumbing will need to be adjusted since the IntelliChlor cells are a bit longer then the iChlor cell.
Nevermind I search on here I’ll use bleach and liquid chlorine instead of tablets.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.