Pentair IC60 and Easytouch8-SWG cycling on/off

Hold up! The new SWG works great with the stock power supply. It is not simply a firmware update. It appears to be an updated design, and there is at least one new feature.

1) Salt measurement/startup time is now 4 min vs 2. It may be dumb luck, but the accuracy is much better than any units I've seen (and I've tried 5 now). It is within 30 PPM of the average of my best measurements. Maybe I got a good one, maybe this measurement was a lucky measurement, or maybe they are averaging more measurements over a longer Tim, yielding better accuracy.

2) Percent settings below 11% are now indicated on the front panel: below the percent LEDs you still have the 20%, 40%, 60%, etc, but now there are numbers above them as follows: 2%, 4%, 6%, etc. to differentiate between (for example) 20% and 2%, the LEDs blink on the less than 11% setting. So 4% will be indicated as the first 2 LEDs blinking.

3) and it works (so far) perfectly reliably at even 1% with the legacy power supply.

So... I'm going to suggest to you all to get with Pentair, and let them know that we have found a design flaw that they have fixed and you want a new SWG.

I can can give you the names of the people that I worked with so you don't need to have a new person re-learn of the issue. (Julian, Angela, and Jeff). [email protected]

I am de-modding my switching power supply work around once I see flawless operations for a week.

Yes. From what I can tell the part number is not changing. It definitely feels like more than just a firmware upgrade to 3.11. It may be that they are trying not to advertise the issue since only some people are having trouble?

Just got off the phone with them and they are sending me a new cell... we shall see

My 5G light is out of warranty. I guess the warranty on the lights is only good for 1 year. It needs a new driver....$380. No good!

The IPH upgrade kit to your Stenner style pump looks to be $280 and is out of stock everywhere. For reference the P/N is 522474 for anyone that may need to upgrade.

P/N 521515 is the older style pump head and motor assembly. It was nice of Pentair to give me the wrong part number which is costing me return charges to Sunplay...rough week for me and Pentair

I mentioned to Pentair that there were others with the same issue, so I agree. Give em a call/email, tell them this is the same issue they have been working with me (Jon), and that you are hoping they will fix their issue also.

Realize though, this was a result of 30 min of testing this AM. 100% good testing, but just 30 min or so of evidence.

Ill report back tonight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I mentioned to Pentair that there were others with the same issue, so I agree. Give em a call/email, tell them this is the same issue they have been working with me (Jon), and that you are hoping they will fix their issue also.

Still working well. IPH reports zero addition dosing fails, vs mostly failing with the last cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.