Pentair IC60 and Easytouch8-SWG cycling on/off

Well, I have 3.11 version cell and had the restart issue. I hope the new cell fixes your problem, but I don't think it's the Intellichlor that needs addressing. My money is still on the transformer or power supply. Keep us updated.

You are right. While the firmware may make it better, even without 3.11, I've got it fixed.

Ok! I am running at 6% WITH the intelliPH, and it is working 5x5.

YEA!!!

Well I have the fix for you. It is 35 bucks and some wiring.

ill give you all more I for when it is all done without the hack I have in place.

What I have working right now is a 24 and a 12v switcher running in series for 36v.

It has been running for 30 min with no restarts on 6%, which is the lowest setting where the iPH will dose, and for me, the best way to force the restart issue to occur.

It it is completely good. So I have a 36v switcher on its way which I will install permanently.

Maim running it off the 240 for the motor so it woks just like normal.

Yea!

Man this was a hard one.

Thank you all for your mall your help.

Ill post details for anyone that wants to implement this fix. Requires you fooling with the plug a tad, but I can show pics for anyone that is not comfortable with wiring.

OR, maybe someone knows where we can buy the male and female of this so we can make it reversible.

xyz,

Excellent work!!

You should get a job at Pentair... Oh, wait... you can actually write an understandable sentence, so that won't work. :scratch:

Jim R.

Too funny. :)

Engineers don't like to write, for sure.

Anyway, this mornings report is 100% good PH doses, zero failed. IC60 R mains Green Green.

I wont bother to share my "hack" power supply unless anyone wants to truly wants me to embarrass myself. :).

But it here is the power supply that will do the trick.

Amazon.com: GENSSI 36V DC 9.7A 350W Regulated Switching Power Supply: Electronics

it is a bit over kill, but all the other options are much more expensive, and I like these switchers because they have been wrung out a thousand times over. They also have a range adjustment of 25%, so if someone had an extension and was losing power, you could dial it up a bit. 24v didn't work, 36v works. Not sure how close to the edge I am, but when I was rigging up batteries to try it out, I seem to remember it working down to 32v.

All you do is pull the +vDC red pin from the board, and then -vDC goes to black and the board, and +vDC goes to the lifter red wire.

Put the switcher into 240v mode, wire to the main motor relay, power up your system, smile, and begin drinking your beverage of choice.

If anyone is going to do the mod, I'll kibitz all you like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. First, take a picture of the inside of your box and provide dimensions. AND/OR figure out how you will mount the Power supply. It is 2" x 4.5" x 8.5".

For me, I'm mounting it in this orientation near the right side:

<pic>

If it will fit, buy it, and I'll follow up with exactly where to wire and ground it.

I've kept power and signal ground isolated so as to not compromise anything that is also using this existing power supply.

More later.

I bought that power supply without really looking at it. That thing is huge! You fit it in the low voltage cabinet?

Hopefully you bought from Amazon so you can return!

Anyway, yes, it fits. I have it off to the right with the terminal strip pointing up. That leaves enough space for the fan to circulate air. I'll post some pics soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry. I didn't read this specifically. No it doesn't fin in the upper part of the cabinet, I have it on the Lowe portion all the way to the right near the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the orientation for how I mounted it.

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

It is 2"x4.5"x8.5"

I was looking at that last night too and noticed the dimensions also. Is there something else that's smaller? I'm not sure that will fit in my cabinet either. I will check when I get home later.

we -may- be able to find something somewhat smaller. Not likely for this price though.

Per Pentair spec you need a min of 7amps. I no longer trust this spec though because they also said 22v was the minimum. And even at 30, it would not work.

Maybe if you have an IC40, I have a 18 dollar recommendation that -might- work that is significantly smaller--but it would only barely blink the LEDs on the IC60 at 30 Volts.

I can can probably find you a smaller one for a lot more coin if you like. 36 seems to be a reliable voltage, and 30 is not.

I can can probably also find you 3 small 12v supplies that might be a compromise.

However, this one works well, has enough margin so it is not on the edge of overheating, and is darn cheap.

Ill see see if I can find you some 12v options.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.