Pentair EasyTouch Pump Schedule Not Being Followed When Ultratemp Heat Pump is Enabled

jeremyminich

Mar 13, 2023
Marietta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My apologies up front, I'm not exactly a pool pro. I recently had a Pentair 120 H/C heat pump installed. I have a Pentair EasyTouch control panel with a schedule set to run the pump from 8am - 5pm. On the EasyTouch under Settings > Heat, I have the Set Temp set to 86 and the Heater enabled. The remote mode on the heat pump is currently set to "Relay." The current pool temp is 65 and when 5pm hits, I expected the pump schedule to be respected and the pump and the heat pump turn off. Is that not the case? Or will both the pump and the heat pump continue to run until it reaches the set temp of 86, regardless of the schedule? If the set temp of 86 is reached, will the pump and heat pump then respect the pump schedule? What I had expected to happen was the schedule to be the 'master' and turn off the pump and heat pump off hours. And then I wanted to enable the AutoSet feature on the heat pump to kick on the pump and act appropriately based on the water temp.

Have you set up the heat pump as a "solar" heat source? This seems to be what the ET expects, as opposed to a "heater".

Screen (1/3): ENABLE SOLAR: Is the pool using solar heat? Select Yes or No to enable solar heat. To display the solar selection as a heat source in the main screen, select Yes.
HEAT PUMP: Is a heat pump being used for solar heat? Select Yes or No to enable solar as a heat pump. Heat Pump Control instead of Solar: Select YES if a heat pump is being used in place of a solar heating system. If Solar is set to heat pump, Valve A is free for other circuits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.