Pentair EasyTouch - Can I map a Feature to an Aux button?

Ryan M

Nov 10, 2023
Palm Desert, CA
I have a pool w/ spa and a single-pump (variable flow) system w/ a heater. There is a single light in the pool and a single light in the spa.

I have a Pentair EasyTouch 4-function/relay control center (ET4) w/ the large (40k?) salt-water chlorinator, the ScreenLogic add-on (not sure if it is ScreenLogic2), and an in-house control w/ 8 buttons.

Relay 1: pump
Relay 2: pool light
Relay 3: spa light
Relay 4: switched outlet for yard lighting

I have my pump configured to run at 15gpm when heating the spa, and then I have a feature called "Spa High" that sets the pump flow to 55gpm. The idea being I don't want to pull 1,800watts when heating the spa, only when I get in.

My question is, how can I set 1 of the buttons on the in-house control to turn the "Spa High" feature on/off?

Ryan,

You can either use a Feature Circuit (no relay)... Or you can use an Aux Circuit (with relay).

They are both the same thing, except one has a relay and one does not.

I can't think of anytime you would link one to the other, or how you would even do it...

You should be able to set your in-house control so that button X = Spa High..

Page 5 of 5.JPG

Notice that you can select what remote.. 4 button, 10 button or QuickTouch

Thanks,

Jim R.

Show us a picture of your 8 button in house controller.

With an ET4 you only have 4 AUX buttons that work even though you have 8 on the indoor controller.

Depending on the age of your board you may be able to change your system to an ET8 to use those buttons by adding a resistor to R42 with same resistor value that is on R41.

More details in…

Ryan,

Go back to my post #2 and select 10 button tab... You can load ScreenLogic to your PC

or

Or you can use your phone app.. SLConfig...
Go to Spa side remote
Swipe to get to 10 button remote
Make each button whatever you want...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.