Pentair Color Sync Controller LED Light Error

Jun 16, 2013
Bucks County PA
Hey guy... I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me regarding a pool light that Installed for the neighbor.

In summary, I installed a Pentair Color Sync Controller and Pool light over the summer. The light and the controller works just fine without any issues. The problem that I am having is... His pool light, pump, etc runs off of a separate circuit that runs out to the Pool House. When he closes the pool for the winter, he powers off the breaker that runs to the pool house. Ever since he did that, he receives an email notification say that his "Pool light is Offline"... which it is since the controller and light no longer have power.

I went into the phone app the controls the pool light and controller and disabled all notifications thinking that was the issue. Even with the notifications being disabled he was still getting those emails from Pentair saying the pool light is offline. So I figured...ok, I'll just uninstall the App from his phone and that will correct the problem.... no such luck, he is still getting daily email notifications about the pool light being offline. I tried to call Pentair to address the issue, but they want a service fee for troubleshooting...

The only thing I can think of is... there was some setting in the phone app that did a push notification from the phone to Pentair on a daily basis... Has anyone experienced this issue or have any suggestions..

Thank you in advance..!

I suspect the emails are coming from the Pentair server and not the APP. Pentair has been dumb in many of its software design decisions and this sounds like one of them.

There is more you have left out of this story. What other Pentair equipment is being used? IntelliCenter?

I suspect the emails are coming from the Pentair server and not the APP. Pentair has been dumb in many of its software design decisions and this sounds like one of them.

There is more you have left out of this story. What other Pentair equipment is being used? IntelliCenter?
Hi Aj... Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I would agree with you, I dont think they thought the logic out on this one, but to reply back to your comment, Yes, since I removed the app from his phone, I too suspect the emails are coming from the Pentair server at this point, but something has to be reporting back or communicating saying that a device is offline. To answer your other question... Yes, he has a Pentair pump, filter and a IntelliChlor IC40 which he just had to replace this year.

Please note, with the exception of the New Pool light and controller that was installed, everything else has been in place for years without any email notifications when he's turned the breaker off... The ONLY thing I can think of that makes any sense is... When we installed the App on his phone, there may have been a default selection in the app that provides Feedback or monitoring on a daily basis on the status of the device. Since he turned the breaker off, the device was showing offline to the phone and the phone either sent an email or push notification to the Pentair server. When I went into the app to check the notification settings, I just disabled all notifications (thinking that it was coming from the phone). Maybe what I need to do is, Turn the breaker back on... reinstall the app on the phone, allow it to sync up and send an online status to the Pentair server to clear the email alerts... THEN Turn off the alerts on the app FIRST, then turn the breaker off...

That is the only thing that makes sense to me... but I can't imaging that I am the only one this has happened too...

What's your thoughts...?

My guess is turning off alerts on the APP does not tell the Pentair server not to send emails.

I think you need to get the light controller on and the APP on and then UNINSTALL the light on the app. Not uninstall the app. Tell Pentair the light no longer is installed on the pool. There must be a way to do that.

Unfortunately I think your neighbor will need to tell the app the light is installed when the pool is opened and uninstall the light when the pool is closed every year.

I think you need to escalate this within Pentair support and report it as a software bug.

My guess is turning off alerts on the APP does not tell the Pentair server not to send emails.

I think you need to get the light controller on and the APP on and then UNINSTALL the light on the app. Not uninstall the app. Tell Pentair the light no longer is installed on the pool. There must be a way to do that.

Unfortunately I think your neighbor will need to tell the app the light is installed when the pool is opened and uninstall the light when the pool is closed every year.

I think you need to escalate this within Pentair support and report it as a software bug.
Yeah... I guess I wont really know what the options are until I reinstall the app on his phone and poke around.

I hear what you are saying about removing the light from the app. I'm going to take a closer look at this once I reinstall the app... Very poor app development if you ask me...

heck, I may just write an Outlook rule to trash the Pentair alerts until next spring and be done with it... haha...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.