Out of the box (expensive box) approach.

Jun 11, 2013
Sun Valley, California
I'm (electronic engineer) in the process of helping friend with that Hayward VS which quit on him. After the usual treating of possible bad contacts.( Youtube) I conclude that I needed to replace the control panel kit. I copied all the part numbers I could find on the pump to make sure I ordered the one that is compatible. I entered all the numbers on the search page of Hayward and they all resulted in "Not found". What I did find was some of the prices they want for these parts. Are you kidding me ! I bought a variable speed pool pump on ebay (new) for less then the prise of a Hayward repair part. (going on 4 years). In addition what I found on ebay was a Variable frequency AC power supply, 3HP, 10 amp 110/220/ac which can be routed to your old and trusty Intelmatic timer for about $80.-. Which is affordable enough to give it a try with an existing standard pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.