Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2023
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi folks. I need some help finding some information about a Hayward pump.
We are purchasing a house which had a Hayward variable speed pump installed in 2015.

The seller provided 2015 receipt (from Leslies) shows Leslies item 4008 "HYWRD ECOSTAR VS PUMP SP3400VSP", which I believe is (or was) this item:
Also: EcoStar | Pumps | In Ground Pool Pumps - Hayward Pool Products

However, the instruction manual supplied by current homeowner is for Hayward EnergyFlo RS EF200VS pump, which I believe is this:

Is this actually the same pump, just rebranded? I can't find any mention of the EF200VS on the Hayward site. Is it possible the EF200VS is a Leslies-specific branding of the SP3400VSP pump?

I'm just trying to understand which pump I actually have, and if possible I'd like to download a PDF manual, I haven't been successful in my search so far.

Last edited:
Won't be able to do that for a few weeks (after we close in early July).
For now all I have is the high-level photos of the equipment from the inspection, plus the paper receipt and manual I mentioned above.
Once we close and get into the house I'll get a photo of the label for you, and update this thread, thanks.

Thanks, will read through that. I'm just trying to make sense of why the paper manual/booklet shows "Hayward EnergyFlo RS EF200VS" instead of the EcoStar model info. That booklet is physically stapled to the receipt, so I do believe it's all from the same purchase. But in any case, will get you a label photo soon as we move in. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: mknauss
Hi folks. I need some help finding some information about a Hayward pump.
We are purchasing a house which had a Hayward variable speed pump installed in 2015.

The seller provided 2015 receipt (from Leslies) shows Leslies item 4008 "HYWRD ECOSTAR VS PUMP SP3400VSP", which I believe is (or was) this item:
Also: EcoStar | Pumps | In Ground Pool Pumps - Hayward Pool Products

However, the instruction manual supplied by current homeowner is for Hayward EnergyFlo RS EF200VS pump, which I believe is this:

Is this actually the same pump, just rebranded? I can't find any mention of the EF200VS on the Hayward site. Is it possible the EF200VS is a Leslies-specific branding of the SP3400VSP pump?

I'm just trying to understand which pump I actually have, and if possible I'd like to download a PDF manual, I haven't been successful in my search so far.
SP3400VSP is a 2.7 THP pump (Hayward's original VSP), the RS EF200VS is a 1.85 THP replacement version, made for Leslie's, of the same pump. The RS stands for "Replacement Series," a Leslie's marketing tool. It has the newest drive and motor combination. If your motor has cooling-vanes/ridges down the side it is the latter. There is very little, if any, difference in operating instructions. Hayward's model is the Tri-Star W3SP3202VSP
You can get Hayward's manual here:

Reactions: ramblinwreck001
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.