Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool equipment is above water level. If I need to open plumbing on the return/pressure side for a repair, couldn’t I set MPV to re-circulate to prevent water and DE from Draining out of the filter? On suction side I have a check valve between pump and MPV/filter and for extra measure a Jandy valve before pump I can close.

I had a slow leak at one of the heater connectors at glue joint last year and can’t remember which one. I’m going to replace both before I re-open for the season, but was just curious in case I need to open the return/pressure side during the season. Picture from when equipment was installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0466.png
    IMG_0466.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 8
My pool equipment is above water level. If I need to open plumbing on the return/pressure side for a repair, couldn’t I set MPV to re-circulate to prevent water and DE from Draining out of the filter? On suction side I have a check valve between pump and MPV/filter and for extra measure a Jandy valve before pump I can close.

I had a slow leak at one of the heater connectors at glue joint last year and can’t remember which one. I’m going to replace both before I re-open for the season, but was just curious in case I need to open the return/pressure side during the season. Picture from when equipment was installed.
DE can only drain out backwards through the system. A check valve between the pump and MPV will prevent that from happening. The amount of water lost on the other side if the heater plumbing is opened is negligible.

Reactions: Cprtrails