Opened this weekend to numerous (self inflicted) issues. Need assistance, please.

But I've tried two hoses and two different vacuums.. Also ran the water through the return, into the hose, and watched it come out freely so the hose appears fine. My pressure drops to 0 and you can hear the pump loses prime.. I get barely any suction at all.
Ok, maybe follow above advice on suction side air leak. Pool stores carry a line called “pool lube”. I’m not sure if Vaseline is a good idea or not.

So after filling the pool back up to where I can run the pump, it's working now.. The only thing I've done since the last time it wasn't working is taking apart the pump and put it back together.. There was nothign clogged in the pump so no clue..
Sometimes you just gotta take the win.

The deal is your pump has an internal current leak and is not safe.

Your minor leaks in the pump probably got into the motor and caused corrosion creating a ground fault.

Check the power connections on the motor and clean anything up. Check the 2 speed switch.

Hard to say where to find the ground fault.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.