OneMore

Nov 13, 2023
South Florida, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello people, and thank you for being here!

Short history: Got seduced (by wife) to buy a DIY kit at Costco in June while it was on sale, put it all together in 4 weekends all by 1-man-effort, mainly to test-drive as a proof-of-concept, how does it feel to own a pool. As this is a "storable pool", I can always have a way to roll back, hence feel easy to try ideas and I am playing with it like with Lego, for learning experience primarily. Likely will keep doing that until troubles overweithg the fun, but definitely when time comes to shop for my next house, those without pool will not even get a second look :D

Now managed to slightly break (or so I think) my sand filter pump, and trying to make a most informed decision: keep investing (wasting?) more into learning and fixing, or toss it and shell out $200 on Amazon for a replacement, maybe $250 for upgrade. My eyes are badly broken, and I have a full time day job, so neither driving around for parts/consulting, nor reading days/nighs are not feasible, engaging professional services is not even conceivable, so I reverted to this forum hoping for quick insight from someone's experience. Posted a new thread here with details and photo, hope it will be approved soon ;-)

Thanks again,
-Me, another me, and myself