New member Switching from Chlorine to Bromine in hot tub

Daveinvt

Mar 2, 2024
New user here. I've had a hot tub for several years and have decided to switch to bromine as it may be better on my skin. Daily user year round, about 8 miles from Canada. I've learned alot from the Reddit hot tub subreddit like using a Taylor test kit as well as joining this forum. Just changing my water and trying to reduce the learning curve. It's a bit confusing but I'm sure I'll figure out how to dial everything in. Thank you in advance for any help.

Welcome 🤗
Here’s the in depth bromine guide
👇👇👇

Also take a look at
👇
You don’t need to change the water to switch to bromine from chlorine but if its about time to do so or you have never done a purge before ( most here prefer Ahhsome)
then you may want to consider doing one now. We recommend that you purge, drain, & refill your spa every 3-6 months or so as part of regular maintenance.
Here’s some Threads about Ahhsome

Reactions: Newdude
Hey Dave and Welcome !!! CCs, too little chlorine and pH out of the 7s typically are to blame for skin irritations.

If properly balanced and the FC/CYA Levels are followed, the spa water is considerably less harsh than tap water.

Reactions: Mdragger88
As @Newdude mentioned you may be blaming the chlorine when its really the method (how you’re using the chlorine).
Many people make the mistake of undersanitizing their spa and it causes lots of problems.
So here’s the chlorine guide to help you out before switching- you may not really need to.

Reactions: Newdude