Omnilogic Stopped Controlling Pump

Dfndr110

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2024
FL
In-ground pool with attached spa. System worked fine then had recent power outage and now both App and Control panel don't control pump. Everything else works - the spa-mode engages, heater works, control valves move as expected all with App or via control panel. Just won't shut off pump. Reset multiple times including turning all power off and for more than 15 mins as suggested on other posts. I checked the config and it shows a pump connected to the filter. Might I need to erase that one and re-establish? I didnt install system so don't know the process of adding new - was just trying to edit the existing config as I read the pump can lose connectivity to the control system with power outage. But I don't seem to have that issue unless I am not reading it right in the service menu.

Any ideas? Only way to shut pump off now is via breaker. When running outside the scheduled run times - the App doesn't show the pump is On when it is.

New to the Forum - happy to read more if anyone has other suggestions for learning. I'll try and find the install manual online as maybe that can help me delete and re-add the pump as that's the only thing I can think to do........

AndrewT

Welcome to TFP.

What model pump are we discussing?

Hayward has seen some instances where the HUA from a Gen 3 VS pump was not visible to the Omni control.

These instances have occurred after:
  • A power brownout
  • The pump was installed with incorrect dipswitch position and the dipswitch was moved while power to the pump was still on.
Once Power was restored, or the pump powered down and back up the HUA would not populate into the control.

Solution that Hayward found is that power needs to be turned off to the pump for a MINIMUM of 5 minutes and as much as 15 minutes to allow the drive to reset. Once power is restored the HUA was visible to the Omni and the pump worked normally.

My pump is:

Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro 2 HP Up Rate Standard - P6RA6G-207L (single speed)​

Thank You - yes I read before about rebooting power. I've don't that numerous times - leaving power off for over an hour each time. I left power off overnight last night. It does not re-connect upon power up unless I need to follow a specific power-up sequence or something. I turned everything on except the pump and let it all boot up - then turned pump power on and it immediately runs (regardless of schedule time).

Its almost like I need to remove the pump association and then re-connect as if adding new pump. But I don't know these systems.....

AndrewT

I assumed you had a Hayward VS pump.

Your Starite single speed pump does not use a HUA.

Let’s start over. Rereading your first post that the pump runs but does not turn off.

I suspect that your filter pump relay contacts are welded shut.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to test for continuity?

Yes - BSEE degree - I have and can use a MM.

I'm just learning how the system works. I had it serviced before when installed so haven't had to mess with it but tired of it having issues and me not understanding it so digging in now to learn.

Let me check and get back to you......

Check between the LINE and LOAD screws on the filter pump relay if it is open when power is off.

With pump off I get continuity (0 Ohms resistance) across line and load screws. So its just passing thru power - relay broken I assume?

AndrewT
Yup.

Do you have an unused relay you can swap in?

Relay is an OMRON G7L-2A-BUBJ-CB-DC24

Awesome - you rock - I would have not guessed that relay would go bad as its a 6-mth old board. Makes sense with the power issue I mentioned. Can't Thank You enough!!

Do you have a preferred place to buy the relay?

I can remove my lights for now (or the blower for the spa) and use that one while I get a new one.

AndrewT

Reactions: Dfndr110

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support