***Official 2016 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Cooking, Baking thread***

Pulled Pork:

Actually did this last weekend, on Saturday I started brining the pork shoulder with water, salt, sugar and fresh garlic:

This was after about 20 hours:

I then cut the top of the skin off, I know there are numerous debates on whether or not to leave it on. I then dry rubbed the shoulder and skin and got it ready for the smoker:

This is after a few hours:

I then pulled it about 9 hours later:

I then separated the good stuff and chopped it up and added some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce:

I had purchased some "telera" style of rolls/bread to make the sandwiches with, also bought a coleslaw package and the wifey made the slaw:

Homemade pizzas:

Also made this last week on Saturday night, started out by making the dough ahead of time to allow it to rise:

After a few hours of letting it rise, "punching" it down and folding it over, placed a partial piece on a floured surface:

Decided to make a margherita pizza for the wifey and I, so started cutting up the toppings, fresh roma tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella:

Instead of using a red sauce, I made a sauce with E.V.O.O. and fresh garlic and placed the dough on a baking sheet and brushed it on also with some salt and black pepper:

Then started laying down the slices of mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and sprinkled with some Parmesan cheese:

Placed that in the oven around 475° for 20 minutes:

Now, the kids pizza!! We usually make these together, but they were too busy outside playing :(

The red sauce I use is homemade, by g-ma's recipe!!! Start out by laying the dough out on a floured surface, then "stretch" it out and place in a cast iron skillet sprayed with non-stick spray:

Now, we start spreading the love!!!!!!

Same routine, 475° for about 20 minutes:

Beef chuck roast:

Decided to make a roast last night, tried a new method, I usually use a packet of Lipton Onion mix and I've had this dutch oven I received as a gift a couple of years ago but never used it.

First, I start by washing everything, the potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic:

Next, got the 3lb chuck roast ready, I rubbed it with some kitchen bouqet, coffee grounds, garlic powder, salt and black pepper:

Then, poured some EVOO into the pan and seared the potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic:

Now, I can sear the roast, about 4-5 minutes per side:

Next, I poured in a can of beef broth and scraped the bottom of the pan to get all the bits off the bottom:

Now, I put everything back in, including some fresh thyme and rosemary:

Covered it up and placed into the oven at 325° for about 3 hours:

And, this was about 2.5 hours later:

Then, after 3 hours it was ready:

Brisket is $8/lb??? What? I bought a 14.79 lb Brisket for 25 bucks and some coins on Friday. Lemme get a calculator ... buck76 a lb. Sheesh.

Danny,

We live in the west where beef is plentiful. Back east they pay through the nose for stuff you and i consider scrap meat for the dogs....just sayin'....

There's gotta be some cows up there!

Yep, I'm always down for some pot roast. :chef:

They're all there for dairy and cheese....nothing like a nice Vermont cheddar with some fresh picked apples in autumn...the one thing I truly miss from back east - the Fall colors and apple picking season!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Apple season was a bust this year.. I live in the "apple valley" orchards were at 40% production...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really sad. Apple picking is effectively non-existent here in southern AZ so I miss the good times we used to have going up the orchards in New Paltz, NY...really miss it...

Is that a brisket in there or a flank steak? I saw a beautiful brisket the other day in Costco and was soooo tempted to buy it and perfectly smoke it on my Big Green Egg since, ya know, you can only smoke properly on an Egg :laughblue:

Looks delicious, my friend!! I now know where to go in Texas to get a good meal....Brian's offering free aquaBright coatings to anyone with a Primo and a brisket. You should take him up on that....

Got some bacon-wrapped filets and nice juicy T-bone for the chef (aka, ME) -

f75cb1b1609fe7655ef45d050b7b655c.jpg

And some jalapeño poppers as my vegetable ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.