Noob looking for advice

So just keep testing every once in a while and bump the FCE back up to 12 if it gets below that. Actually what is your pH? You probably should let the FC drop below 10 then test the pH and lower it before you start the slam

FC 9.5
CC 0.5
CYA test came back close to 0 although the black dot started to disappear. Should I add some more?

No. You've added CYA. It can take up to a week for it to show on a test since it needs to dissolve into the water. You will assume that your CYA is what you dosed it at (30?) when you are adding chlorine/bleach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, don't add amy more.

Many of the top guns at TFP did some experimentation with CYA and have found that it should register within 48 hours once dissolved. Give your original addition until Sunday morning (if it's sunny out for testing). That would be even longer than 48... It probably will register by Saturday afternoon, but better safe than sorry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow. This should be a sticky for how the process is SUPPOSED to work. Varmint came in and did the reading and got a test kit then posted for help and got a bunch of great advice that appears to have worked. Impressive.
:D

Beautiful sunny day here and the pool go a lot of sun. Records for today. I added bleach using the pool calculator to keep it between 10-12ppm

8 AM
FC 9.5
CC 0.5

9 AM
FC 12.5
CC 0.5

10:45 AM
FC 10
CC 0.5

3:15 PM
FC 8.5
CC 0.5

5:25 PM
FC 11.5
CC knocked over sample (grrrrr)

Cloudy in the deep end. But I can see the bottom drain (wrong word) covers

ccceadd638d8d838c78ab722ae62142e.jpg

I was away all weekend but I taught my son how to test and he maintained the FC. The pool is crystal clear. I bet I could see a coin in the deep end! Thanks all!

I ran out of the FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent but ordered a big bottle. I will maintain chlorine until it gets here tomorrow. I still need to pass the overnight FC loss test. After I pass, where on the forum is the procedure to keep this pool sparkly?

:lovetfp:

I was away all weekend but I taught my son how to test and he maintained the FC. The pool is crystal clear. I bet I could see a coin in the deep end! Thanks all!

I ran out of the FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent but ordered a big bottle. I will maintain chlorine until it gets here tomorrow. I still need to pass the overnight FC loss test. After I pass, where on the forum is the procedure to keep this pool sparkly?

:lovetfp:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

After a couple weeks it will become as brainless as brushing your teeth every day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.